We trust all families enjoyed the long weekend.
As you would be well aware, the coronavirus situation continues to evolve and impact on our daily lives. From a school community perspective, we will be acting on advice from the Department for Education as it becomes available. Please take the time to read through the most recent update.
Whilst we cannot predict what will happen, we do know that schools are places where illness can easily spread and therefore, we ask for your support. If and when your child is unwell / ill, please keep them home or make other arrangements for their care. We do appreciate families contacting the school to inform us (email / phone message) when this happens.
Here are two short videos that help explain to children (and adults too):
- The coronavirus
How to teach your children how hand washing helps prevents the spread of coronavirus
We hope you find them useful.
Just in case you were wondering – we do have a good supply of toilet paper at school.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
Student Free Day – Tuesday 10 March
- Teaching and learning support staff will be undertaking a day of professional learning on Tuesday on our site improvement plan priorities.
- We hosted our first team assemblies for the year last Wednesday and Friday, where students and classes shared their learning achievements.
- Thank you to the families and friends who were able to join us. The 9:00am start for the Reception / Year 1 Team proved popular.
- Please check in here, for other dates / times for 2020.
Bike / Pedestrian Safety
- If your child / children walks or rides a bike to and from school, please take time to talk with them about road safety.
- We ask that children walk their bikes in and out of school grounds and along the footpaths before riding home.
School Discos – This Week
- Friday 13th March – details here.
- Harmony Day is celebrated each year at Craigburn and will occur on Thursday 20th March.
- Parents and friends welcome to join us for a whole school assembly – details to come.
- The Canteen is helping to celebrate Harmony Day by offering special Harmony Day donuts for purchase. Last Day to Pay Friday 13 March. Order here.
Sports Day Update
- We are all looking forward to Sports Day on Friday 20 March, which always promises to be a fun and active day.
- House Teams continue to meet in the lead up to the big day.
- Which team will win the Sports Day Shield in 2020 – will it be Bradman, Fraser, Riley or Woodforde?
- Volunteer support is always appreciated and valued – to run the BBQ, food and drink stalls – please check the recent ‘call for help’ post for details.
- Sports Day program to be finalised soon.
Soccer Coordinator Position Filled
- Thank you to the parents who have offered to support the coordination of school soccer for 2020.
- Stay tuned for further details in preparation for the upcoming winter season.
- Tuesday 10/3 – Student Free Day
- Thursday 19/3 – Harmony Day
- Friday 20/3 – Sports Day
- Student-led Conferences begin
- Monday 23/3 to Friday 27/3 – Year 3-5 Swimming
- Monday 23/3 and Tuesday 24/3 – Year 7 Aquatics
- Tuesday 25/3 and Thursday 26/3 – Year 6 Aquatics
- Wednesday 1/4 – School Group Tour
- Thursday 9/4 – End of Term 1
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Reminder – Student Free Day – Tuesday 10 March 2020
- Volunteers Required for Sports Day
- Coronavirus Update
- Urrbrae Agricultural High School Open Day 2020
- Netball Registrations 2020
- School Disco – Friday 13 March
- Sapsasa Representatives
- Sports Day House Captains
- Minister’s Volunteering Award for Outstanding Service for 2019
- Team Assemblies 2020