It was pleasing to see school sports back in action last week and on Saturday morning.
Last Friday, our Sapsasa boys footy and girls netball teams competed in several matches, with the boys footy team winning one game and narrowly losing two others. The girls netball team had a clean sweep, comfortably winning their three matches. Thank you to Mr Lemmey, Mrs Pettman and supporting parents. This Tuesday, our boys netball team will compete in the state knockout competition. We wish them all the very best and thank all Sapsasa students for representing our school with pride.
Saturday morning at Craigburn was abuzz with children and families enjoying school netball and soccer. These sports programs don’t just happen by themselves – they require significant parent support and involvement. A special mention to all of our sports coordinators, coaches and team managers who have volunteered to support after-hours school sports in 2020. Despite a shortened season, our parent support team has invested many hours of coordination, organisation, coaching children, communication to families and much more. Our school community is fortunate to have this high level of support. Thank you to those who are involved in these roles – your support is greatly appreciated and valued.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky
- An ongoing reminder to check in with the first Weekly Wrap re the latest COVD-19 update / information. We will keep our community informed of any changes as they happen.
- School Photos are scheduled for Tuesday 11th August. Please take time to read the relevant information on the envelope packs which were sent home last week and information in the earlier post.
Key Dates For The Week Ahead
- Sapsasa Boys Netball
Reception Enrolments for 2021 / Transition
- We would appreciate current Craigburn families who have their next child commencing reception with us next year, to complete and return the enrolment form asap. Please contact the front office if you have not yet received the enrolment form. Thank you.
- The dates for this year’s transition sessions are: Wednesdays 11th, 18th and 25th of November.
Leaving Craigburn in 2021?
- Aside from Year 7 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2021, please inform the front office via phone 8270 4144 or email.
- This will help us with our forward planning for the 2021 school year. Thank you.