We hope all families and friends are travelling well amidst the ongoing COVID-19 situation. We continue to be mindful of SA Health’s advice in relation to school operations and the safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and school community. Please take time to re-familiarise yourself with, and follow the advice outlined below. Thank you.
General School Operations
- Parents / carers may continue to enter school grounds to drop off and/or collect children. We ask parents / carers to not enter classrooms. Teachers can meet and chat outside and when needed – a time can be arranged to chat in more detail.
- Physical distancing requirements of 1.5 m need to be followed, including at school pick-up and drop-off.
Health and Hygiene
- Daily hand washing and cleaning procedures remain in place.
- Students are encouraged to bring a full water bottle to school. If needed, this can be refilled at the refill station. Students are not to drink directly from drink fountains.
- Students should stay home if unwell, and until symptoms have cleared. If children present unwell at school, parents / carers will be contacted to collect them.
Learning at Home
- In the event of a COVID-19 outbreak in SA or in our region – Learning at Home procedures may be re-instituted.
- We ask parents / carers to ensure that the school has your most up-to-date contact details (including phone numbers) so contact can be quickly made in the event of a temporary closure or regional closure.
To Note / Reminders
- School Photos are set for this Tuesday 11th August.
- Reminder – the new dates for Book Week are October 17 – 23 2020. Traditionally, Book Week is held in August, however, during these unprecedented times many events have been postponed. The Book Fair has also been moved to October the 22 to 27 to coincide with the new dates for Book Week. We will keep you updated with more information as Book Week approaches.
- Please note, due to the cancellation of the Royal Adelaide Show – we will not be having a school closure day in early September as in previous years. Our Governing Council will be determining a future date, likely in the front half of Term 4 for a school closure (local day of significance). Stay tuned for more information.
- Reminder the last Student Free Day for 2020 is Friday 20 November.
- Lost property is continuing to build up again – please check for any items that may have been misplaced.
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky