Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s weekly wrap to keep up to date with current school happenings.
This week marks School Service Officers (SSO) Week on our school calendar, where we acknowledge and thank our administration and learning support teams for their ongoing contributions and efforts to school life at Craigburn. We are grateful to have the following people who lead our school operations and learning support programs.
- Vivienne Menere – Finance
- Chelsee Clarke – Finance Support / Front Office
- Bronwyn Johnson – Front Office
- Aileen Nagy, Krysten Pattison, Lorraine Lohmeyer, Julianne Lehmann, Jack Walton, Sophie McDonald, Kirsty Lane, Aimee Johnson and Chris Allan – Learning Support
- Jane Graham – Library
- Travis Nuske – ICT
- Paul Kennedy – Grounds
- Catherine Chambers – Pastoral Care Worker
We look forward to acknowledging our SSOs this week at a whole school assembly.
To Note / Reminders
- Photo Make Up Day is this Tuesday 25th August. Photos will be taken in the Library from 9.00am, including both individual and family photos. Children who missed out on the class photo will not be superimposed into the photo, but rather their individual photo will be included in the composite group. Please ensure that your child(ren) bring their photo envelopes, including Family Envelopes if required, to school on the day. The front office have spares if needed.
- Posts you might have missed:
- Two weeks ago, we posted a COVID-19 update. We appreciate families and friends taking note of this information and acting accordingly. Please check in with this update.
- On another note, and one that rears its head from time to time, relates to traffic and parking around the school grounds. The local council has clear signage / road markings in relation to off-street parking. We respectfully ask families and friends to be extra mindful of adhering to the parking rules and regulations. This is in the best interest of safety for our students / families and local residents.
- This week, we begin the Footsteps Dance program – scheduled on Mondays for the remainder of the term.
- Father’s Day is just around the corner, stay tuned for information regarding this year’s Father’s Day Stall.
- Please note – there is no school closure in early September, however, a school closure has been scheduled for Friday 6th November – endorsed our recent Governing Council meeting.
- Sports Day has been rescheduled for Thursday 5th November. Parent involvement will be determined by the advice from SA Health closer to the time.
- Lost property continues to build up – please check for any items that may have been misplaced.
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Kind regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.