Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s weekly wrap to keep up to date with school happenings.
Last week we celebrated the work of our School Service Officers (SSO). A big thank you to the student leaders who organised the whole school assembly where SSOs were acknowledged and thanked for their ongoing contributions and efforts. (SSO Week post)
Over the past two weeks, we have had up to twenty leaders and teachers from other schools visiting Craigburn to observe our teachers’ classroom practice and learn about the instructional teaching programs we have in place for our students. We would like to publicly acknowledge the work of our teaching and support staff who are always willing and able to share their teaching practice with educators from other schools. The visiting leaders and teachers were highly complimentary of the instructional teaching and learning that is happening at Craigburn.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Kind regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
To Note / Reminders
- It’s Asthma Awareness Week this week – please read the recent post for more information.
- Three weeks ago, we posted a COVID-19 update. We appreciate families and friends taking note of this information and acting accordingly. Please check in with this update.
- Last call for lost property this week – a stall is situated under the main verandah adjacent to the roller door – please check for any items that may have been misplaced. A reminder also to please label clothing, drink / food containers, hats etc. When they are labelled they easily find their way back to students.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer.
- Another friendly reminder re traffic and parking around the school grounds. The local council has clear signage / road markings in relation to off-street parking. We respectfully ask families and friends to be extra mindful of adhering to the parking rules and regulations. This is in the best interest of safety for our students / families and local residents.
- Please note – there is no school closure this week, however, a school closure has been scheduled for Friday 6th November.
- Sports Day has been rescheduled for Thursday 5th November. Parent involvement will be determined by the advice from SA Health closer to the time.
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.