Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s weekly wrap to keep up to date with school happenings.
Shout Out – School Choir
The Craigburn senior choir has been keenly rehearsing every Thursday afternoon under the leadership and guidance from Mrs Bellette (Choir Trainer), Michelle Byrne (Vocalist) and Felicity Williams (Accompanist).
Unfortunately due to COVID restrictions, our choir is unable to perform at the Festival Theatre this year. Instead, an interactive movie featuring combined school choirs has been produced as a celebration of school choirs working together as an alternative to singing at the Festival Theatre.
On Wednesday the 23rd of September our Choir will be going to Event Cinemas Marion to partake in the Festival of Music Movie Day. All of the songs that the choir have been learning over the last two terms will be featured, and the combined choirs from different schools will be participating in this interactive movie and singing along with the songs.
Special acknowledgement to all students in the school choir who have adapted to this change and maintained a positive attitude and work ethic.
A big thank you to Mrs Bellette (Choir Trainer), Michelle Byrne (Vocalist) and Felicity Williams (Accompanist) for their efforts.
We wish our senior choir all the very best for their upcoming Festival of Music Movie Day.
Parent Engagement Survey
As mentioned last week, the Department has developed a new school parent engagement survey that went live last Monday. The survey, coordinated centrally by the Department, replaces the parent questions in the National Schools Opinion Survey which are typically provided to families in mid-late Term 4.
- Parents / carers should have received a link (unique to our school) via email or SMS last Monday 7 September directly from the survey tool.
- We encourage all families to participate in the school survey via our unique link, in case you missed it, the survey link for our school is https://educationsa.syd1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_eJ3AXNw9lsJQcdL?RID=CGC_E3r4LQq55ACNkMs&Q_CHL=email
- The survey will be open for 3 weeks and will close on Friday 25 September.
- Parents / carer can find more information at Parent Survey.
- Data collected from survey responses will be provided to principals in October.
This is a good opportunity for us to gain valuable insights into the engagement of parents in their child/ren’s learning.
To Note / Reminders
- Ongoing reminder to keep up to date with school related COVID-19 practices. We appreciate families and friends continuing to take note of this information and acting accordingly.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- School closure has been scheduled for Friday 6th November.
- Sports Day has been rescheduled for Thursday 5th November. Parent involvement will be determined by the advice from SA Health closer to the time.
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Blackwood High School Exclusive Uniform Fit Night – 23rd November 2020
- Interoception Update
- Science Week
- October 2020 Vacation Care Program
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Kind regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.