Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s weekly wrap to keep up to date with school happenings.
Welcome Back – Term 4
We trust all families and friends enjoyed some quality time together over the school holiday break and October long weekend. We are very much looking forward to seeing everyone back at school for what promises to be another busy school term (see below).
- 13/10 (Tuesday) District Athletics – SANTOS Stadium – Best wishes to all students competing.
- 21/10 (Wednesday) – 22/10 (Thursday) – Book Week Incursion – Tony Bones
- 22/10 – 27/10 Book Fair
- 23/10 (Friday) Character Dress Up Day – Theme: Curious Creatures, Wild Minds
- Please refer to the recent post for detailed information and the character dress up day.
- 28/10 – 30/10 (Wed – Fri) Year 5 Camp – Wirraway Homestead
- 30/10 (Friday) World Teachers’ Day
- 5/11 (Thursday) Sports Day – Further details to come
- 6/11 (Friday) School Closure – Please note: the OSHC service will not be open on this day
- 11/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 1
- 11/11 – 13/10 Year 6 Camp – El Shaddai
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – 19/10 (Thursday) Year 7 Camp CU@Wallaroo
- 18/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 2
- 20/11 (Friday) Student Free Day – Staff working onsite – OSHC Open
- 25/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 3
- 27/11 (Friday) Music if Fun Incursion
- 1/12 (Tuesday) Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Celebration Night – To be Advised
- 9/12 (Wednesday) Year 7 Graduation
- 11/12 Last Day of the Term
Reminder: School Closure and Student Free Day
School Closure – Friday 6/11 – Week 4
- As previously posted, the Governing Council has endorsed this closure as a ‘day of local significance’ in lieu of the closure normally held during the Royal Adelaide Show.
- The Governing Council determined the ‘day of local significance’ to be one to ‘Meet the Local Community.’
- Promotional details to come.
- Please note: the OSHC service will not be open on this day.
Student Free Day – Friday 20/11 – Week 6
- Our final student free day is scheduled for Friday 22nd November, endorsed by our Governing Council earlier this year.
- On this day (20/11) school staff will be working on analysing a range of student learning data including this year’s Progressive Achievement Tests in Maths and Reading to inform future planning and learning as well as planning for 2021 school year.
- We have appreciated your ongoing understanding and support in relation to school-based COVID-19 restrictions.
- As mentioned in the last weekly wrap, current restrictions remain in place and will impact on whole school community events such as Book Week, Sports Day, Celebration Night and Year 7 Graduation.
- We will endeavour to make the best of the ongoing COVID-19 situation and keep you informed as we plan for these events.
Gym / Hall Floor Project
- External works for the Hall / Gym Floor project began over the school holidays with the internal flooring upgrade set to begin in mid-late Term 4.
To Note / Reminders
- Ongoing reminder to keep up to date with school related COVID-19 practices. We appreciate families and friends continuing to take note of this information and acting accordingly.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- M and S Charge – 2021
- Book Week 2020 – Curious Creatures, Wild Minds
- Flagstaff Hill Cricket Club
- Canteen News
- Pedal Prix Fundraiser – Friday 16/10 last day for orders
- Australian Girls Choir – Assessment Workshop
- Blackwood High School Exclusive Uniform Fit Night – 23rd November 2020
Best wishes to all Craigburn students, staff and families for an enjoyable and productive Term 4.
Paul, Rob and Nicky.