We thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s Weekly Wrap as well as other recent news posts.
Sports Day – Thanks
Sports Day is done and dusted for another year. Great to see families who were able support one of our favourite community events. Thank you for your understanding and compliance with the COVID safe protocols – it was greatly appreciated. We hope you enjoyed the day.
Well done to all students who were fabulous sports throughout the day, being active, having fun and cheering on their house team mates.
Special thanks to Karen Pettman and staff for organising the day and a ‘shout out’ to all house team leaders for their efforts too in leading their respective house teams.
Congratulations to this year’s winning house team – Riley.
Final Placings – Riley, Bradman, Fraser, Woodforde.
Year 6 Camp – Best wishes to the Year 6 team heading off to El Shaddai camp this Wednesday.
Reception Transition – Over the next three Wednesdays, we look forward to meeting and welcoming our new Reception students and families to Craigburn for 2021.
It is with much regret that we share with you the cancellation of this year’s Celebration Night, traditionally held on the Monday evening of the final week of school. The decision to cancel the event was not taken lightly after discussions with our governing council and school staff, having considered many organisational and COVID safe requirements (as per the advice from SA Health and the Department for Education).
The far majority of primary schools have made similar decisions re their end of year concerts / events. We ask for your support and understanding regarding this decision.
Material and Services Charges – Polling Letter
Early this week you will receive in the mail, a Materials and Services Charges ‘watermarked notice’ for 2021 and Polling Letter.
As you will read in the polling letter, the Craigburn Primary School governing council has approved a proposed materials and services charge for 2021 to the amount of $440 – a nil increase from 2020.
The Materials and Services (M and S) Charge contributes to the cost of providing essential items and services used or consumed by individual students during the course of their learning. This includes printed and electronic materials, access to books, stationery supplies, curriculum materials, printing and copying for use in the educational program, library and information technology resources. Please note, the M and S Charge also covers the cost of all school incursions, being Footsteps, Book Week, Sports Clinics and Music is Fun. Prior to 2019, these incursions were invoiced separately to families to the value of $30 – $40.
The governing council believes the M and S Charge for 2021 at $440 per student represents great value at roughly $11 per student / school week.
As the proposed materials and services charge of $440 is greater than the legislated prescribed amount of $246 for a primary student, as referenced in the Education and Children’s Services Act, the Governing Council is required undertake a poll to gain majority support from the school community for this proposed charge to be approved by the Department for Education, Chief Executive (or delegate).
The governing council therefore seeks your support for the proposed 2021 Materials and Services Charge of $440 to be approved.
If the majority of parents support the Governing Council proposed Materials and Services Charge then all parents and caregivers (excluding approved School Card holders) are liable for this charge.
Each family is entitled to one vote per student per poll, with a majority based on the number of respondents.
If you have any questions, please contact Paul (Principal) or myself.
Katelyn Adams – Governing Council Chairperson
Sapsasa Boys Softball
- Congratulations to Year 6 student Aiden L who last week represented Southern Heights / City South in the 2020 School Sport SA Softball Sapsasa State Carnival at Barratt Reserve West Beach.
- Here’s Aiden’s report:
- This week I played in the Sapsasa boys softball carnival for Southern Heights. We were in division one and there were teams from all over South Australia. No one in our team had ever played softball before. We played 7 games over 4 days. I played catcher and shortstop. We scored 146 runs, 17 of them were home runs. I scored 3 of the home runs. Our team won every game we played and are the division one champions. We had a great time and worked really well as a team. Aiden L
- Congratulations Aiden – what a fabulous achivement – well done!
Class Structure / Student Placement for 2021
- We are currently determining our class structure for 2021 and are set to begin the student placement process in preparation for the new school year.
- Please refer to the recent post for more information.
Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Please check in with this recent post for information.
To Note / Reminders
- Student Free Day – Friday 20/11 – Week 6 – OSHC service will be open on this day
- Please check the lost property station adjacent to the hall toilets for any items that may have been misplaced.
- Ongoing reminder to keep up to date with school related COVID-19 practices. We appreciate families and friends continuing to take note of this information and acting accordingly.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- To support our planning for 2021, we would like students / families who will be not at Craigburn in 2021 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 7 students. Thank you.
Term 4 Events
- 11/11 Remembrance Day
- 11/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 1
- 11/11 – 13/10 Year 6 Camp – El Shaddai
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – 19/10 (Thursday) Year 7 Camp CU@Wallaroo
- 17/11 (Tuesday) – Year 3/4 One Night Camp – Nunyara – Classes A6, C14, C15
- 18/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 2
- 18/11 (Tuesday) – Year 3/4 One Night Camp – Nunyara – Classes C16, C17
- 20/11 (Friday) Student Free Day – Staff working onsite – OSHC Open
- 25/11 (Wednesday) Reception Transition Visit 3
- 27/11 (Friday) Music if Fun Incursion
- 1/12 (Tuesday) Craigburn’s Got Talent
- 9/12 (Wednesday) Year 7 Graduation
- 11/12 Last Day of the Term
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Class Structure and Student Placement – 2021
- Sports Vouchers 2020
- Craigburn’s Got Talent 2020
- Bushfire Procedures
- Craigburn OSHC Newsletter
- VACSWIM Program 2020/2021
- Blackwood High School Exclusive Uniform Fit Night – 23rd November 2020
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Paul, Rob and Nicky.