As the recent COVID outbreak evolves, we continue to follow the advice from SA Health and the Department, in relation to school operations and the safety and wellbeing of our students, staff and school community.
Please take time to familiarise yourself with the information outlined below.
School Camps (Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday)
- The Year 7 Camp to Wallaroo and Year 3/4 overnight camps to Belair will proceed as planned.
- We have contacted both the Department’s COVID safety advisor and our local education director, who have reassured us of our plans to go ahead.
- We understand and respect a parent’s / carer’s decision to choose for their child/ren not to attend. Please contact your child’s teacher if needed.
- Staff have been briefed on taking additional precautions including safe health and hygiene practices whilst away.
- For any child who is involved in any upcoming Sapsasa events – these have now been cancelled.
- After-hours school sport has also been cancelled for at least the next two weeks.
General School Operations
- Parents / carers may continue to enter school grounds to drop off and/or collect children.
- We ask parents / carers to not enter classrooms. Teachers can meet and chat outside when needed.
- Physical distancing requirements of 1.5 m need to be followed, including at school pick-up and drop-off.
Health and Hygiene
- Daily hand washing and cleaning procedures remain in place.
- Students are encouraged to bring a full water bottle to school. If needed, this can be refilled at the refill station. Students are not to drink directly from drink fountains.
- Students should stay home if unwell, and until symptoms have cleared.
- If children present unwell at school, parents / carers will be contacted to collect them.
School Programs / Events
- Celebration Night is cancelled – as previously communicated.
- Year 7 Graduation will proceed as planned unless advised otherwise.
We will provide updates as new information and advice comes to hand.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding in these challenging times.
Paul Luke – Principal