In recent years we have seen a number of families choosing to access private services for their children including, Speech Therapy, Occupational Therapy, Psychology Services a range of Therapeutic Interventions and Tutoring. As the National Disabilities Insurance Scheme (NDIS) has been implemented we are seeing an increase in this trend.
We regularly receive requests from parents for these services to be provided on the school site during school hours. The Department for Education has policy and procedures around this; detailed information can be found on the Department for Education’s website
If you are requesting Non department services to work with your child please see the application process below:
The Application Process
- Consider whether it is possible for this service to occur outside of school hours.
- Request an ‘Application for Private Service Provision 2021’ from the school front office (or click the link, complete and return)
- Submit the application to the Principal or delegate.
- If the application is approved, a service agreement will need to be completed
- If you would like the school to meet with or provide information to private service providers you will need to complete and sign a ‘Permission for Exchange of Information’ form. Please, also ensure that teachers are given adequate time to respond to requests for information by private service providers
PLEASE NOTE: Approval for the provision of private services will be for a maximum of the remainder of the school year. New applications are required to be submitted each year.
STUDENT REVIEW TEAM (Includes the Principal)
- Consider the application
- Determine whether it is reasonable for this service to occur at school.
- Determine whether appropriate accommodations can be made in the school
- Principal to make a decision.
- Families informed of the decision.
- No service providers will be permitted on site until all conditions outlined in this document are met. This may take some time depending on a number of factors.
- If the application is approved, service providers need to:
- Complete the Service Agreement with a member of the Leadership Team
- Provide the school with a copy of a DCSI Criminal History Clearance
- (PLEASE NOTE THAT THE DCSI CRIMINAL HISTORY SCREENING IS THE ONLY ACCEPTED SCREENING AND NO SERVICE PROVIDER WILL BE PERMITTED TO WORK WITH STUDENTS UNTIL A COPY OF THIS HAS BEEN PROVIDED TO THE SCHOOL)
- Provide the school with a copy of the Responding to Abuse and Neglect Training Certificate.
- If not a (Not for Profit Organisation), provide a certificate of currency from an insurer indicating public liability. Any professional indemnity coverage is to be at the provider’s risk
- Participate in an induction process
- Agree to an interim period in the first instance.
- When requesting information from teachers about students for the purposes of assessment or to gather information please consider timelines – it is not always possible for teachers to respond to requests for information immediately.