We will continue to follow the advice from the Department and SA Health, and Directions set by SAPOL – with the key message being ‘remain prepared’ to respond to the fast changing nature of the pandemic.
We kindly ask that parents and caregivers follow and adhere to the restrictions in place at school as outlined below, understanding that things can change at short notice.
Access to school grounds / buildings
- Parents, volunteers, departmental support and other service providers are able to enter the school grounds, however physical distancing requirements (1.5m) must be followed at all times.
- Unfortunately at present, parents are unable to enter school buildings unless invited to do so for a specific reason eg meeting / volunteering, in which case, contact details will need to be recorded on a site access form for contact tracing purposes. Please note – QR codes are coming.
- Teachers will greet students, parents and caregivers outside of classrooms in the morning and bring your child/ren outside of classroom/s for pick up at the end of each day (if needed).
- If needing to visit the front office area, please remain outside until a staff member attends to you.
- Canteen volunteers will be rostered on for Term 1 and able to start, ensuring that volunteer registration and physical distancing requirements are met and hygiene practices are followed.
- We will be reviewing the practice of classroom volunteers based on the advice from the Department and SA Health. At this stage we continue to restrict parent access to enter classrooms / school buildings.
Hygiene and Wellness
- We will continue with personal hygiene practices with students and staff. All children and staff are encouraged to:
- wash their hands regularly, particularly after using the toilet and before eating
- avoid spreading infections to others by staying home if they are unwell
- cover a cough or sneeze with a tissue or sneeze into the elbow.
- Students and staff are to remain home if unwell.