It was great to see everyone back at school last week and once again a special welcome to all new students and families. We have started the year with 530 students in 20 classes, with 69 new reception students.
We do thank you for your ongoing support and understanding regarding COVID restrictions at school. We are expecting QR codes to arrive soon and will share an update as to how these will be implemented.
As special ‘shout out’ to all teaching, administrative and learning support staff for their efforts in preparing for the 2021 school year. They have spent considerable time after school hours and on weekends, preparing inviting classrooms / learning spaces, establishing learning programs and organising school operations for the year ahead.
We would also like to commend all students for their positive and enthusiastic start to the school year. At our opening assembly last Wednesday we discussed the importance of our shared positive learning expectations based on our school values of Self-Worth, Caring and Responsibility. It is pleasing to see students embrace our school values and learning expectations through their everyday behaviours.
As usual there is much information to share at this time of the year – thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s weekly wrap and other news posts.
Best wishes for the week ahead.
Paul, Rob and Nicky.
- Please check in with the latest update post if not already done so.
- Important information can be found here.
- Drink taps and water fountains in schools – SA Health encourages parents to provide children with their own personal, labelled and named drink water bottles. These can then be refilled at the drink fountains or water taps, rather than children drinking directly from the taps.
Fruit Fly Update
- We have sought further clarification regarding the recent Fruit Fly Advice from PIRSA.
- Any fruit / vegetables purchased from within the suspension or outbreak zone – as per this fact sheet – must not be brought to school in lunch boxes.
- What fruit or fruiting vegetables can I pack in lunchboxes as an alternative?
- Fresh alternatives include pineapple, melons (watermelon, rockmelon, and honeydew), cucumber, carrots, lettuce, broccoli, celery, mushrooms, and asparagus.
- Other options include cooked fruit, processed fruit (such as fruit straps), fruit puree, canned fruit or frozen fruit
Acquaintance Evening – Tuesday 16 February
- We have sought advice from relevant department personnel to consider how we can host our Acquaintance Evening in a COVID safe manner.
- As such, we are finalising what the evening will look like, however ask that you save the evening date for Tuesday 16 February.
- A news post will be published mid-week with further details.
Student Free Days / School Closure
- In line with local Partnership schools we are committed to the following dates (to be endorsed by Governing Council):
- Friday 5 March (Adelaide Cup Weekend)
- Tuesday 15 June (Queens Birthday)
- Friday 3 September – School Closure (Adelaide Show)
- The final Student Free Day date to be confirmed – likely set mid-term 4
2021 Materials and Services Charge – Invoices
- As communicated to families last year through the Craigburn Connections news blog, the Governing Council of Craigburn Primary School has set the Materials and Services Charge for the 2021 year at $440 per student for the full year.
- The Materials and Services Charge contributes to the cost of providing essential items and services used or consumed by individual students during the course of their learning. This includes printed and electronic materials, access to books, stationery supplies, curriculum materials, printing and copying for use in the educational program, library and information technology resources.
- On Monday, your child will be taking home an envelope containing the Materials and Services Charge Invoice with payment information and options.
- Please note:
- Full payment of school fees is due by Friday 9th April 2021.
- Note, early bird payment by Friday 26th February 2021 attracts a $10 discount per student.
- Book Levy due on the Friday 9th April 2021.
- School Card assistance is available for eligible families. Applications can now be completed Online – click link.The closing date for School Card Applications is 5th November, 2021.
- It is important that we have up to date contact details for all families – including home addresses, phone numbers, email addresses and any other relevant information for our school records.
- If you have changed any of your contact details or are unsure of the details we have on our database, please contact us by phone 82704144 or email email@example.com
- During the year, if you have any changes to your contact details, please communicate these to us asap. Thank you.
Medication / Health Care Plans
- Please remember to send to the front office any medication and health care plan needed to support your child/ren in 2021. Please contact the office on 8270 4144 if you have any queries.
Annual General Meeting
- The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the Governing Council will be held on Monday 22nd February in the Hall, commencing at 6:30pm and concluding at 8.00pm. Prior to the meeting there will be light refreshments available from 6:00pm.
- The AGM is a great opportunity to celebrate and share in our school’s achievements and highlights of 2020 and your chance to talk to staff and current Governing Council members. More details to follow soon.
Term 1 Planner
- With COVID restrictions in place, we are still finalising our Term 1 planner – and will continue to post updates as dates for events / activities are confirmed.
- Friday 12/2 – School Group Tour – prospective school families
- Tuesday 16/2 – Acquaintance Evening
- Monday 22/2 – Annual General Meeting
- Friday 5/3 – Student Free Day
- Monday 8/3 – Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
- Good Friday 2/4
- Easter Monday 5/4
- Friday 9/4 – End of Term 1
- To be confirmed:
- Reception – Year 2 Swimming
- Year 3-5 Swimming
- Year 6/7 Aquatics
- Team Assemblies
- Student-led conferences.
- COVID Update – Reminder
- Aberfoyle Park High School – IGNITE Selection Testing
- After School Sport 2021
- Non Department for Education Service Providers
- Fruit Fly Advice Update
- The Weekly Wrap – Term 1 Week 1 – 2021
- Parents are encouraged to provide their child / children with sunscreen – teachers will remind students to apply as needed.
- As per Bushfire procedures
- All students to have a labelled towel and water bottle kept in the class.
- Early Morning Arrival
- Students are allowed to start arriving at school from 8:30am, unless attending OSHC. Students who are on the school grounds before 8.30am will be directed to the front office as teachers are not on duty prior to this time.
- Classrooms are generally open from 8:40am and students may enter the buildings to put away their bags, talk to the teacher and get organised for the day.
- The school siren sounds at 8.50am indicating all students need to be in their classrooms ready to start the school day.
- Staff Car Park and Local Traffic
- A friendly reminder that the staff car park is for staff only and for families displaying a ‘disability parking permit’. Keeping all children safe is our priority, so please do not use the staff car park to drop or collect children, unless pre-arranged with the front office.
- A reminder too, for all families and friends to exercise caution and patience at arrival and dismissal times. Traffic and parking regulations are in place and will be acted upon by Rangers from the Onkaparinga Council.