We are all excited for our Colour Explosion Fun Run on Thursday. The weather forecast looks almost perfect with the expected maximum temperature to be in the high 20s. Good idea to pack sunscreen, a water bottle and an old hat in your child/ren’s bag for the day.
Thank you to the parent fundraising team for coordinating the event. We are looking forward to purchasing and installing extra seating and playground markings as a result of the funds raised. We appreciate families and friends supporting this fundraising venture.
Parents and carers are welcome to attend – though please register your attendance via the Eventbrite link.
All information can be found in the recent post.
Early Dismissal – Thursday 1st April
A reminder that we have an early dismissal for Easter on Thursday 1st April with school finishing one hour earlier at 2.10pm.
Thank you to the families who have completed and returned the consent form, which was sent home and also posted on our news blog.
Families who have not provided consent for their child/ren’s early dismissal via the form will mean that they remain at school until 3.10pm.
Please note – early dismissals for those children with parent / carer consent will occur on the last day of each term.
Swimming / Aquatics
Thank you to all parent volunteers who helped out with swimming and aquatics supervision last week. The Year 3/4/5s and Year 6/7s enjoyed their respective programs. It was rewarding to hear positive feedback from the pool manager and instructors regarding the excellent behaviour of our students and support from parents. Thank you again to all who helped out.
If your child/ren is involved in the Reception to Year 2 program in the first week of Term 2 and you are able to assist with supervision, please contact your child/ren’s teacher and / or enquire through the front office regarding volunteer requirements.
Thank you to families and friends who have generously donated goodies for the Easter raffle. The raffle is a long standing tradition at Craigburn run by parent volunteers to support our school fundraising efforts.
A few more days to and sell raffle tickets and add to the donations which can be handed in and left at the front office. Reminder post here.
Teaching staff have appreciated and valued meeting with families and children as part of their learning conferences, which continue this week. If you have not been able to book a conference, please contact your child’s teacher to coordinate a suitable time to meet.
Learning conferences serve as a valuable opportunity for students, with teacher guidance, to reflect upon and share their achievements, whilst also inviting parent and teacher feedback.
- Monday 29/3 – Student-led conferences continue
- Monday 29/3 – Governing Council meet
- Wednesday 31/3 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Thursday 1/4 – Colour Explosion Fun Run
- Good Friday 2/4
- Easter Monday 5/4
- Friday 9/4 – End of Term 1
Text in Absences
- We now have a dedicated mobile number that can be used by parents to text in absences by stating your child/ren’s full name and reason for absence – Family, Illness, Appointment.
- The mobile number is 0417827121
- You can still notify the school of any absence by email / phone.
Road / Traffic / Pedestrian Safety
- The end of the school day is a busy time on the roads. To ensure everyone gets home safely we ask families, when collecting children from school, to be understanding and tolerant of traffic and parking rules and regulations.
- Similarly, we ask families not to impede / encroach on local residents driveways – especially in the Heath Lane area. We also ask parents / caregivers to remind their children about riding / walking safely to and from school.
- Early Dismissal Procedure
- Sibling Reception Enrolments 2022
- FRIENDLY REMINDER – Easter Raffle
- FRIENDLY REMINDER – Colour Explosion Fun Run 2021
- Onkaparinga Street Play
- NAPLAN 2021 Information
- Brixpo Competitions
- Reminder – Soccer Registrations 2021
- Reminder – Netball Registrations Closing Soon
Best wishes to all for the week ahead and for the Easter holiday break.
Regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky