Dear Families and Friends, welcome back to school for Term 2.
Term 2 promises to be another busy term, starting with Swimming Week for the Reception to Year 2 students at the Marion Aquatic Centre. A reminder to make sure you have the bathers, towel etc. ready to go! Please check in with the latest blog post Reminder Rec – Year 2 Swimming Week 1
Please check in with our school calendar and Craigburn Connections blog posts to keep informed and updated with Term 2 programs and events, including: NAPLAN tests in Week 3 and 4, Winter Sports (Netball and Soccer), SAPSASA Events – Cross Country, Mother’s Day Stall to name a few. Teachers will be busy from mid-term onward writing mid-year reports.
Staffing Update – There are a few minor changes to our staff list for Term 2:
We welcome Janine Mackay who joins us on Thursdays / Fridays working with Chantelle McMahon (Year 3), while Kristie Bunting will continue teaching Science in Term 2.
State Literacy Conference – We were very proud to be recognised by the Department for Education for our leading work in Literacy. Consequently, we were invited to present at the State Literacy Conference on Wednesday 21st April. A huge shout out and congratulations to our staff, Rebecca Hepworth, Tahlia Woolford, Brooke Hamden, Nicky Taylor, Rob Warncken & other staff who contributed to making our presentation the success it was. Our staff shared our narrative of the work we have been doing in literacy over the last two years. The presentation to other school leaders and teachers was very well received and demonstrated the outstanding work happening at Craigburn.
We look forward to seeing everyone back for Term 2. Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky
Families of Year 6 and 7 Students – Transition To High School in 2022
- Reminder to check in with the recent update and brochure regarding applications to start Secondary School in 2022.
- Online Registration Forms for families will be received via email this week (Week 1 of Term 2) so please keep an eye out for this.
If you have not already done so, please ensure that we have the most accurate and up to date email addresses and residential addresses to limit any issues during the Registration process. If you have any changes that need to be made, please contact the front office as soon as possible either via email email@example.com or phone us on 8270 4144.
- Tuesday 26/4 – Friday 30/4 – Swimming Week for Rec to Year 2
- Friday 7/5 – SAPSASA Cross Country (Southern Heights)
- Saturday 8/5 – School Netball begins
- Saturday 15/5 – School Soccer begins
- Tuesday 11/5 to 21/5 – NAPLAN tests (Year 3,5,7)
- Wednesday 26/5 – National Sorry Day
- Thursday 27/5 – National Reconciliation Week
- Friday 4/6 – World Environment Day
- Monday 14/6 – Queen’s Birthday public holiday
- Tuesday 15/6 – Student Free Day
- Friday 2/7 – last day of Term 2
- Sibling Reception Enrolments 2022
- Lost Property Update
- Final Call for Soccer Registrations & Coaches Required
- The Drop Off and Pick Up Zone (off Murrays Hill Rd) displays signage informing motorists that parking in the Zone is restricted to 2 minutes from 3.00 to 3.30pm. This traffic control was put in place from the City of Onkaparinga to better support traffic flow and minimise traffic congestion on Murrays Hill Rd prior to school dismissal. Traffic rangers visit schools (mostly without notice) to monitor these zones, and will issue infringement notices when appropriate. Parents and friends who arrive early for pick up are encouraged to find suitable off-street parking and arrange a location to safely meet their child / children.
- We are noticing a small number of parents continuing to use the staff car park for drop off and pick up. Another friendly reminder that the staff car park is for staff only. There is a reserved space for disability parking (permit required). Thank you.