We hope everyone is looking forward to enjoying some quality family time over the upcoming long weekend. A reminder that Tuesday 15 June is a student free day where teaching staff will continue to work on our learning improvement plan priorities.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s wrap and best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Kind regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky.
Our netball and soccer competitions are well underway on Saturday mornings – and not to forget the weekly basketball competition. Special thanks to the parents who assist with coaching and managing these teams, as without this volunteer support we would not be able to field teams. It is wonderful to see so many families involved in weekend and weekday sports and it’s also rewarding to see such a large numbers of students playing sports for the school.
A great team effort by our Year 6/7 Sapsasa Football team who played two games in the knockout competition at Flagstaff Hill Football Club’s ground. We defeated Coromandel Valley PS in the first game 7.5 to 2.1 and had a hard fought loss to Woodcroft PS in the second game 7.2 to 2.2. Well done to the boys who represented Craigburn with pride. Thank you to Mr Lemmey for coaching and parents who supported the team on the day.
We were very proud of our student ambassadors who last week participated in the Southern Reconciliation Week Event at Neporendi Aboriginal Forum in Old Reynella. The student ambassadors also led last week’s Reconciliation Week assembly, along with the students and classes who shared thoughtful messages paying respect to the past, present and future Traditional Custodians and Elders of our great nation.
Moving School in 2022?
To support our staff and class planning for 2022, should your child/ren be leaving Craigburn Primary School (aside from current Year 6/7s) to attend another school next year, please notify us via the front office.
Change of Contact Details
To help us keep up to date with family and emergency contact details please contact the front office.
Student Free Day
- Our next student free day is scheduled for Tuesday 15th June.
- OSHC will be home based and is open for bookings.
In light of the current situation interstate, we remind families and friends of our COVID safe practices.
- Students should not attend school if they are unwell.
- All visitors to the school must be well and symptom free, comply with check-in arrangements (scan QR Code or front office sign in) , and maintain a physical distance of 1.5m.Thank you.
- School grounds open for students at 8.30am, with classes commencing at 8.50am.
Traffic and Parking
- Unfortunately, the Department does not provide car parking facilities for parents and carers. The staff car park is for staff only.
- We ask parents and carers to refrain from using the staff car park after 7.30am in the morning. Please park in the drop-off zone and walk your child/ren to OSHC.
- A reminder also that the exit to the drop off zone is via the end of the zone.
- Please note that local council rangers visit schools on a regular basis
- The lost property storage area adjacent to the canteen is beginning to overflow. If at school, please take a moment to check for any items your family may be missing.
- Monday 14/6 – Queen’s Birthday Public Holiday
- Tuesday 15/6 – Student Free Day
- Friday 18/6 – Pedal Prix Race – Victoria Park
- Friday 2/7 – Last day of Term 2