We trust everyone enjoyed some quality family time over the long weekend.
A reminder that tomorrow, Tuesday 15 June is a student free day, where teaching staff will continue to work on our learning improvement plan priorities in the area of writing instruction.
Best of luck to the Craigburn Crew’sers who compete at Victoria Park this Friday as part of the 2021 Australian HPV Super Series. Great to see such a high level of interest in Pedal Prix continuing at Craigburn. Thank you again to all parents and friends for support our teams. Race results can be accessed here.
Thank you for taking the time to read through the other items below.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead. Stay safe and dry.
Regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky
Winter – Wellness – Wet Weather
The wintery weather is well and truly upon us, as are the winter ailments. A reminder – If your child is unwell, please keep them home until they are well and symptom free. Occasionally, children become unwell during the school day. When this happens, we will contact parents / caregivers for them to be collected.
The week ahead looks to be another wet one. Here at school, wet weather often restricts our ability to access the oval for outdoor play at recess and lunch, meaning more students congregating on hard play areas around buildings. Students are continually reminded about safe and responsible play on these days.
Please remember to notify us when your child is absent. This can be done in a number of ways:
- Email – email@example.com
- Phone to the front office on 8270 4144, or to the
- Reporting Student Absences HOTLINE!
OSHC / Hall Storage and Flooring
Over the upcoming school holidays, there will be a new storage facility installed inside the school hall to support the storage of OSHC items and equipment. This means that the OSHC vacation service will utilise other areas of the school including the library to run their programs. Some minor repair work to the new gym floor will also take place at this time.
This major construction project is progressing slowly. Our facilities manager has informed us that new handrails are set to be installed along with the reinstatement of new pavers to the lower level of the steps. Once these tasks are completed, the area will be opened for student / staff access. At the end of the school year, the amphitheatre are will be closed again for special coloured paint to be applied.
This year our school has received funding to assist with interior painting and new carpeting. In liaison with our facilities manager, we are currently in the process of negotiating contracts for this work to occur. This is a fantastic opportunity for some interior areas of the school to be refurbished after many years.
Moving School in 2022?
To support our staff and class planning for 2022, should your child/ren be leaving Craigburn Primary School (aside from current Year 6/7s) to attend another school next year, please notify us via the front office.
Change of Contact Details
To help us keep up to date with family and emergency contact details please contact the front office.
We remind families and friends of our COVID safe practices.
- Students should not attend school if they are unwell.
- All visitors to the school must be well and symptom free, comply with check-in arrangements (scan QR Code or front office sign in) , and maintain a physical distance of 1.5m. Thank you.
- School grounds open for students at 8.30am, with classes commencing at 8.50am.
Traffic and Parking
Unfortunately, the Department does not provide car parking facilities for parents and carers. The staff car park is for staff only.
We ask parents and carers:
- to refrain from using the staff car park after 7.30am in the morning.
- please park in the drop-off zone and walk your child/ren to OSHC.
- the exit to the drop off zone is via the end of the zone.
Please note that local council rangers visit schools on a regular basis
- The lost property storage area adjacent to the canteen is beginning to overflow. If at school, please take a moment to check for any items your family may be missing.
- Tuesday 15/6 – Student Free Day
- Friday 18/6 – Pedal Prix Race – Victoria Park
- Monday 21/6 Governing Council
- Friday 25/6 – School Group Tour
- Friday 2/7 – Last day of Term 2 – Early Dismissal