As part of the Year 7 transition process to high school, we are offering a free parent workshop about adolescent mental health run by headspace.
This will take place on Monday 28th of June at 6.00pm in the Craigburn PS Library. Getting relevant firsthand information is really vital in managing the issues that many young people present with.
Parents/carers can book in direct via the the flyer below.
Our Year 6 and 7 students will be fortunate enough to participate in the following workshops run by headspace in Week 10.
Managing Changes: Transition from primary to secondary school
- Understand how transition and change can impact mental health
- How to manage stress from change
- Build resilience and healthy coping skills
- Strengthen connection and belonging
Looking Out for Your Friends: Notice, Ask, Connect
- Notice: how to identify warning signs that a friend might be going through a tough time
- Ask: how to have difficult conversations and ask your friend if they are OK
- Connect: how to help your friend access support
- Strategies for looking after your own mental health and wellbeing
Self-Care: Looking after your mental health
- Understand mental health and the importance of looking after ourselves
- Understand what self-care is and ways to do it
- Build a healthy headspace action plan
- Identify where, when and how to seek additional support
Nicky Taylor – Senior Leader