Today, our teaching and support staff have been busy organising a home learning program for the period of the lockdown. We would like to acknowledge them for their efforts and work in preparing learning activities at such short notice.
Home Learning Program
- You will be receiving some communication from your child/ren’s class teacher/s outlining what is planned for at least the next two days. Further lesson details for next week will be provided later this week. Teachers will be providing this information via email and Seesaw.
- We know that home learning does not replace face to face learning children receive at school. We also know that home learning requires parent support, particularly for children in the lower year levels. We would like to thank parents and caregivers for their support during this challenging time.
- How children approach and engage home learning will differ from year level to year level and based on personal / family circumstances. To ensure consistency, children will be provided with an English, Maths and one other learning area activity to complete each day.
- We expect some children and families may find difficulties in accessing the home learning program. In the first instance, please contact your child’s teacher for support.
- Teachers will provide information regarding checking in for the day as it is a requirement that student attendance is recorded each day.
- If your child is unwell and unable to participate in the home learning program please contact the school via email firstname.lastname@example.org or the Reporting Student Absences HOTLINE!
Children of Essential Workers
- As per our previous COVID update, if you are an essential worker and require your child/ren to be at school, we have a skeleton staff who will provide supervision. They will be accessing the same lessons as their classmates.
- Please contact the front office if your child requires attendance at school, so that we can ascertain the numbers of students requiring supervision.
- If your child is attending our OSHC service, they will be taken to the library at the end of the morning session and taken back to OSHC at the end of the school day.
- If your child is not attending OSHC, they need to come to the front office from 8.30am onwards.
- Students coming to school will need their iPads and school equipment, recess and lunch.
- A reminder that our OSHC service is only available to support children from Essential Worker families.
- If you are using our service, please book in advance, preferably the previous day.
- Almost all school staff are working from home. The school will have a skeleton staff onsite.
- We are currently organising school-owned iPads to be available for students who require them for home learning.
- We will provide further details regarding the process for these to be accessed.
Please keep us informed if your family is impacted by the COVID-19 situation, contact tracing or illness concerns.
Please stay safe and thanks again for your support.
Paul, Rob and Nicky