We trust everyone is keeping safe and well.
Lockdown – Home Learning Day 1
We would like to thank families for supporting our first day of home learning. The feedback from teachers has been positive and they too are very thankful for your support.
We know that there will be situations where students / families encounter difficulties with accessing home learning activities. In the first instance, please email your child’s teacher if this is the case.
We had a small number of children from Essential Worker families who too, were fully engaged in home learning activities at school.
Initial Feedback from Teachers
- ‘Impressed with the amount of students submitting work’
- ‘Busy and intense’
- ‘Great to see parents getting involved and seeing children’s learning’
- ‘A few technical hitches but the afternoon running smoothly’
- ‘Teacher wise – Seesaw activities have been well received – flat out trying to approve and give feedback – very pleased with how many are engaging with tasks’
- ‘I have had a successful day with my class online and feel better prepared for what may come’
- ‘Hectic but keeping on top of notifications’
- ‘Kids were excited about their home learning’
- ‘Smooth day, the students were able to navigate through the program with ease. Overall, a great day. Let’s hope for another one tomorrow.’
iPads for loan
For students that do not have access to a device, we are making available school iPads (on loan) for home learning purposes.
Requests for devices (pending availability) can be made by either contacting the school office on 82704144 or via email: email@example.com
Please note, parents who accept this offer will be asked to sign a loan contract (with a commitment to pay or repair, should the device get damaged, lost or stolen).
We ask that once families have been contacted via phone that a device is available, devices can then be collected from the school office by ‘contactless collection’. Details on how this will work will be shared at the time of the phone conversation.
Paul, Rob and Nicky