Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s weekly wrap to keep up to date with school happenings.
Congratulations and Well Done
Congratulations and well done to our Senior Choir who performed on Saturday evening at the Adelaide Entertainment Centre as part of the Primary Schools Music Festival 130th birthday celebrations. Families and friends who attended the event, enjoyed a high quality performance of song, music and dance.
Special thanks to Performing Arts teacher Jimmy Marin for leading the Choir this year. All students maintained a positive attitude and work ethic over many practice sessions and rehearsals, which was evident in their fabulous performance on Saturday evening. Thank you also to Veronica Khalaf who helped with student support / travel on the day.
Tournament of Minds
Congratulations and well done to our 4 x Tournament of Minds Teams – Pretty in Pink, Vegemite Scrolls, Shreks @ Maccas and the Jelly Bellies – who presented creative solutions to their long term challenges in front of a panel of judges on Sunday at Flinders University, Tonsley.
Tournament of Minds (TOM) is a program for all primary and secondary students providing the opportunity to solve authentic, open-ended challenges that foster creative, divergent thinking whilst developing collaborative enterprise, excellence and teamwork. Challenges are set in the following disciplines… The Arts, Language Literature, Social Sciences and STEM.
It was rewarding to see such a high level of engagement from Craigburn students who have been working on solutions to their challenges over the past six weeks.
Special thanks to teachers Andrea Grant and Tristan Fergusson who have spent countless after school hours facilitating and supporting the teams. Thank you also to parents who supported the teams on the day.
School Closure – Apologies re Calendar Dates Mix Up
Our apologies to any families affected by the mixed messages re calendar dates for the recent school closure day held last Friday. Earlier this term, the Department updated schools with a new Google tenancy where our school calendar resides. Unfortunately, our school calendar did not update as expected, however this has since been rectified on our calendars which can be accessed on the school blog and website.
Website Update Photo/Video Shoot – Drone Footage
Our long awaited website update is soon to be completed. The new site will integrate the Craigburn Connections news blog along with current school information. We are looking forward to having a photo/video shoot and drone footage of our school taken before the end of term to highlight our school’s key features (e.g. Environmental Learning Centre) and learning programs.
To Note / Reminders
- Best wishes to our Year 4 students heading off on camp to Mylor on Monday through to Wednesday. Have a safe and fun time.
- Good luck to our Sapsasa Soccer on Tuesday, who are now down to the last 8 primary schools in the state – competing in the third round of knock outs.
- To support our planning for 2022, we would like students / families who will not be at Craigburn in 2022 to contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com This does not include any current Year 6 or 7 students. Thank you.
- Recent Posts you might have missed:
- Please keep in mind the current COVID restrictions. We appreciate families and friends taking note of this information and acting accordingly.
- Another friendly reminder regarding parking:
- The staff car park is for staff only (including disability parking). If accessing OSHC in the morning, please park in the drop off zone (noting signage).
- Thank you to those who have been doing this – it’s greatly appreciated.
- Sports Day is scheduled for Friday 22nd October. Parent involvement will be determined by the advice from SA Health closer to the time.
- Lost property continues to build up – please check for any items that may have been misplaced.
Term 3 Planner
Current as Sunday 12 September 2021 – subject to amendments
- Footsteps continues
- Year 4 Camp to Mylor – Monday to Wednesday
- Governing Council
- Sapsasa Soccer
- Footsteps continues
- Last Day of Term – Early Dismissal
Best wishes for the week ahead.
Kind regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.