We welcome students, staff and families back to school on Monday 11th October. We hope everyone enjoyed some quality family time over the holiday break and October long weekend.
Term 4 is an extremely busy term, with many events and programs scheduled, along with planning for the 2022 school year. In planning for next year, there are many things to consider, including: the impact of the Year 7 to HS transition, projected enrolments, class structures, student placement, staffing (teacher / SSO) and general school operations. We will be sure to keep families up to date of relevant information to support our forward planning.
Special mention to our Year 6 and 7 students and families who complete their primary years of schooling with us this term. We hope it is an enjoyable and rewarding one.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Kind regards – Paul, Rob and Nicky.
Term 4 Planner
Please note, with the ongoing COVID situation, we continue to follow the advice from SA Health and directions set by the Department and SAPOL. We will keep you informed of any changes to the events listed below, including Sports Day, camps, Celebration Night and the Year 6 and 7 Graduations.
Current as Sunday 10 October 2021 – subject to amendments.
- Monday 11/10 – First day of Term 4
- Kindy visits in preparation for transition
- Tuesday 12/10 – Reception Incursion – Animals Anonymous
- Friday 15/10 – School Tour (Prospective Families)
- Friday 15/10 – School Sport SA Mountain Bike Competition
- Monday 18/10 – Year 1 Excursion – Art Gallery
- Friday 22/10 – Sports Day
- Monday 25/10 – Governing Council
- Monday and Tuesday – R- 7 Mad Science Incursion
- Monday Evening – Root Cause Parent Seminar
- Friday 29/10 – World Teachers Day
- Monday 1/11 – Tuesday 2/11 Year 3 Sleepover at Nunyara (Belair)
- Tuesday 3/11 – Friday 5/11 Year 5 Camp El Shaddai (Wellington)
- Tuesday 9/11 – Friday 12/11 – Year 6 Camp Kangaroo Island
- Wednesday 10/11 – Reception Transition Visit 1
- Thursday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Tuesday 16/11 – Friday 19/11 – Year 7 Camp Kangaroo Island
- Wednesday 17/11 – Reception Transition Visit 2
- Wednesday 24/11 – Reception Transition Visit 3
- Thursday 25/11 – Gala Day
- Friday 26/11 – Student Free Day – staff working onsite
- Tuesday 30/11 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Tuesday 30/11 – Governing Council
- Monday 6/12 – Celebration Night
- Tuesday 7/12 – Year 7 Graduation Night – Capri Theatre, Goodwood
- Wednesday 8/12 – Year 6 Graduation Night – Capri Theatre, Goodwood
- Wednesday 8/12 – End of Year Student Reports
- Friday 10/12 – Last Day – Early Dismissal 2.10pm
We have appreciated your ongoing understanding and support in relation to school-based COVID-19 restrictions. Please take time to re-familiarise yourself with the requirements that remain in place.
- It’s important that students and staff stay home if they are unwell. Please remember to contact the front office of your child’s absence in advance where possible.
- Adults, including parents and carers must continue to physical distance wherever possible, including at school pick up and drop off or when attending school events. Parents are asked not to come into the school grounds before 3:00pm.
- The current increased cleaning will continue.
- All adults, including staff and parents, are expected to use the COVID Safe Check-In (QR codes) when entering classrooms/buildings on site. At this stage it’s not necessary to check-in at the school gate to enter school grounds, unless attending major events. If you do not have a phone, then parents need to go to the front office to physically sign in if they intend to enter a building.
- All volunteers are still required to sign in at the front office.
- In addition, please ensure that you have followed cross border travel restrictions as provided by SAPOL.
Please keep the school informed of any recent changes to your contact details.
Thank you for your continued understanding and support.
The Root Cause
We look forward to sharing more information soon about a healthy food / lifestyles initiative that stemmed from an interest and suggestion by one of our students and families. The Root Cause – The Children’s Health Program has been booked to take place at Craigburn in coming weeks. The program incorporates Food & Waste Research and Data Report providing a snapshot of food at the school, and the waste generated by lunchbox food packaging.
Stay tuned for more information.
Student Free Day Reminder – Friday 26 November
Our final student free day is scheduled for Friday 26th November, endorsed by our Governing Council earlier this year.
On this day school staff will be working on analysing a range of student learning data including this year’s Progressive Achievement Tests in Maths and Reading and NAPLAN results to inform future planning and learning for the 2022 school year.
- Reception Transition Days for our 2022 Reception Intake will occur on Wednesdays of Weeks 5, 6 and 7, being the 10th, 17th and 24th of November.
- Leaving Craigburn in 2022? Aside from Year 6 and 7 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2022, please inform the front office. This will help us with our forward planning for the 2022 school year. Thank you.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / caregiver. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
If you were driving past school over the holidays, you might have noticed a number of works being undertaken as described below:
- A major stormwater remediation project was undertaken outside the front admin area / entrance. which we hope will be completed soon.
- Remediation work is being carried out to repair the sinkhole in the back corner of the retaining wall in the junior primary playground space.
Over the next few weeks, the Reception classrooms and adjacent learning spaces will be refurbished (painting and carpeting). These classes are relocated to classrooms in the A block (Year 2 area). We especially thank our specialist teachers who are also relocating their classrooms to provide learning spaces for our Reception children. Following the completion of the Reception classrooms, the Year 1 classrooms will be refurbished over a similar time frame.