Great to see families who were able to attend Sports Day on Friday – one of our favourite community events.
Congratulations to Woodforde – winning the sports day shield for the first time since 2011.
Lots of positive team spirit and friendly rivalry amongst the four house teams were on display.
A special mention to former student Jarryd Hoppo who shared his basketball journey and important messages of perseverance and resilience when striving to do your best.
Thank you to Karen Pettman for her excellent leadership in organising the event, along with the student leaders and teachers who arrived at school early on Friday morning to set up for the day.
Final Placings – Woodforde, Fraser, Bradman and Riley.
The Root Cause
A reminder that early this week, students will be participating in the Root Cause’s Mad Food Science Incursion – a fun, interactive educational workshop that uses quirky experiments to get children to understand key health messages.
Parents are invited to come along to a free parent seminar on Monday evening in the school library, to learn about their child’s participation in The Mad Food Science Incursion, as well as gain insights into how common lunchbox foods are impacting your child’s concentration, learning, and behaviour in school.
COVID Update Masks
We received information from the Department late last week, that from Monday, wearing face masks will be optional for all students and staff in schools, preschools and children’s centres.
This however, does not include parents who are on school grounds where the wearing of masks is still a requirement.
World Teachers Day – Friday 29 October
Australia will celebrate and thank the teaching profession on World Teachers’ Day on Friday 29 October 2021.
Teachers (with support from parents and carers) have ensured education continues across the country this year, despite major challenges. It’s reinforced the significant role teachers play in the lives of children and students, their families, and communities.
On Friday, say a big thank you to your child/ren’s teachers and celebrate the bright future of teaching.
We are fortunate to have such a dedicated and professional team of teachers at Craigburn who genuinely care about each and every student they teach.
- Our final Student Free Day Reminder is scheduled for Friday 26 November.
- Reception Transition Days for our 2022 Reception Intake will occur on Wednesdays of Weeks 5, 6 and 7, being the 10th, 17th and 24th of November.
- Leaving Craigburn in 2022? Aside from Year 6 and 7 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2022, please inform the front office. This will help us with our forward planning for the 2022 school year. Thank you.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / caregiver. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- Please check the lost property station adjacent to the hall toilets for any items that may have been misplaced.
Term 4 Planner
Please note, with the ongoing COVID situation, we continue to follow the advice from SA Health and directions set by the Department and SAPOL. We will keep you informed of any changes to the events listed below.
Current as Sunday 24 October 2021 – subject to amendments.
- Monday 25/10 – Governing Council
- Monday and Tuesday – R- 7 Mad Food Science Incursion
- Monday 15/10 – 6.00pm – Root Cause, Parent Seminar, school library
- Friday 29/10 – World Teachers Day
- Monday 1/11 – Tuesday 2/11 Year 3 Sleepover at Nunyara (Belair)
- Wednesday 3/11 – Friday 5/11 Year 5 Camp El Shaddai (Wellington)
- Tuesday 9/11 – Friday 12/11 – Year 6 Camp Kangaroo Island
- Wednesday 10/11 – Reception Transition Visit 1
- Thursday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Tuesday 16/11 – Friday 19/11 – Year 7 Camp Kangaroo Island
- Wednesday 17/11 – Reception Transition Visit 2
- Wednesday 24/11 – Reception Transition Visit 3
- Thursday 25/11 – Gala Day
- Friday 26/11 – Student Free Day – staff working onsite
- Tuesday 30/11 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Tuesday 30/11 – Governing Council
- Monday 6/12 – Celebration Night
- Tuesday 7/12 – Year 7 Graduation Night – Capri Theatre Goodwood
- Wednesday 8/12 – Year 6 Graduation Night – Capri Theatre Goodwood
- Wednesday 8/12 – End of Year Student Reports
- Friday 10/12 – Last Day – Early Dismissal 2.10pm
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Vaccination resources for parents and students
- Calm Kid Central – Developing Minds Psychology
- The Root Cause Parent Seminar – registration link now accessible online
- Mountain Bike Team’s Championship
- The Root Cause Update – Introducing the Children’s Health Program
- Year 7 to high school parent update
- COVID Information – Face masks must be worn when on school grounds