A warm welcome to all students and families to the start of the 2022 school year, and especially those who join us at Craigburn for the very first time.
We trust you had the opportunity to spend some quality family time over the holiday break, understanding that some families have been directly affected by the ongoing COVID situation.
Despite the start of school being a disrupted one, we are very much looking forward to seeing students and families back at school – engaging with their learning, whether face-to-face or remotely.
Over the last week, we have posted a number of Parent Information updates (as below) containing important information to support us in preparing for the first 2 weeks of school.
We ask if you have not already done so, to please take a few moments to read through these posts.
- Parent Information Update 5 – Starting School – 2022 (updated)
- Parent Information Update 4 – Reminder to complete the parent survey
- Parent Information Update 3 – COVID Outbreak and RAT Management
- Parent Information Update 2 – Starting School in 2022
- Parent Information – Starting School 2022 – Covid Update
Over Monday and Tuesday of this week, teachers and support staff will continue preparing for the official start to the school year on Wednesday 2 February.
As indicated in the most recent post, Parent Information Update 5 – Starting School – 2022, we have outlined key information regarding:
- Attendance as per the parent survey
- Supervision for Preparation Days – Monday 31 January and Tuesday 1 February
- Remote Learning – Years 2 – 6
- Children of essential workers attending school
- Children accessing remote learning from home
- Remote Learning – Home Starter Pack
- Remote Learning Guide for Parents – to come
- Face-to-face learning – Reception and Year 1
- Our Learning SA – for students / families affected by COVID
- Adults On School Grounds\
- Front Office
- Student drop off / pick ups
- Department COVID Information Placemats
Whilst we all hope that COVID does not present itself, the restrictions we have in place (as per SA Health advice), are to minimise the transmission of COVID should an outbreak occur.
Please note that these restrictions are in place for Weeks 1 and 2 and will be reviewed prior to Week 3 as per the advice from the Department and SA Health.
We are grateful for our community’s ongoing support and remain prepared to respond proactively to any situation that may arise.
Calendar of Events
Given the disrupted start to the school year we are in the process of rescheduling a number of events on our school calendar and yearly planner. We will keep you informed as to when these are updated (eg Acquaintance Evening, Sports, School Tour Dates, Annual General Meeting etc).
- The new amphitheatre project has now been fully completed, having been painted over the school holidays.
- New flagpoles have also been installed. We are looking forward to proudly flying the Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander flags alongside the Australian flag.
Traffic and Parking
A friendly reminder to begin the school year regarding traffic and parking. We encourage all school families and friends to be cognisant of the traffic and parking regulations around our school and to be extra patient when collecting children at the end of the school day. Please be considerate of local residents, when using the ‘drop-off and pick-up’ zone and when parking adjacent to the school for any length of time.
The staff car park is not to be used for the drop off and pick up of children as doing so is dangerous and causes congestion – unless using the disability access park (permit to be displayed).
If using the OSHC service, please park in the kiss and drop zone and walk your child/ren to the Hall.
Please contact the front office for emergency access.
Lesson / Bell Times
- 8.30am – Students are allowed on school grounds. Students may enter their classrooms, at the teachers’ discretion.
- 8.50am – Siren sounds and the school day begins. Students arriving late must sign in at the front office.
- 10.50am – Recess
- 11.20am – Lessons continue
- 12.50pm – Children eat their lunch in the classroom
- 1.00pm – Lunch play
- 1.30pm – Lessons continue
- 3.10pm – Children are dismissed.
We welcome the return of Emma Bower (formerly Harry) who rejoins our staff having been on parenting leave throughout 2021.
Teaching Staff List for 2022 – including class structures and locations.
- Reception – Sonia Caruso – D20
- Reception – Tahlia Woolford – D21
- Reception – Genna Dow – D22
- Year 1 – Pearl Somerset – E23
- Year 1 – Adriana Mezic 0.6 (M,T,W), Karen Prideaux 0.4 (Th,F) – E24
- Year 1 – Pip Tonkin – E25
- Year 2 – Emma Bower 0.6 (M,T,W) Terms 1/2 Nardene Manna 0.4 (Th,F), Terms 3/4 Crystal Thanawathik 0.4 (Th,F) – A1
- Year 2 – Terms 1/2 Brooke Hamden, Terms 3/4 Anita Wright 0.6 (M,T,W) Brooke Hamden 0.4 (Th,F) A3
- Year 2 – Lisa Sporn – A4
- Year 3/4 – Chantelle McMahon 0.6 (M,T,W), Janine Mackay 0.4 (Th,F) C14
- Year 3/4 – Veronica Khalaf – C15
- Year 3/4 – Rebecca Hepworth – C16
- Year 3/4 – Renae Humphries – C17
- Year 5/6 – Andrea Grant – B8
- Year 5/6 – Tristan Fergusson – B9
- Year 5/6 – Jodie Fischer – B11
- Year 5/6 – Mark Lemmey – B12
- Year 5/6 – Steven Webster – B13
- German – Carly Smith 0.8 – D18
- PE – Karen Pettman 0.6 (T,Th,F) – Gym / Courts / Oval
- PE – Janine Mackay 0.2 (Year 3-4)
- Performing Arts – Jimmy Marin 0.8 F26/27
- Science / STEM / Other 0.6 – To be confirmed for Terms 1 and 2 – Crystal for Terms 3 and 4
- Karen Prideaux EALD – 0.1, NIT 0.1
Specialist Teachers / Leadership
- Performing Arts – Jimmy Marin – Music Room
- Visual Arts – Nardene Manna (Terms 1 and 2) A7
- German – Carly Smith – D18
- PE – Karen Pettman Gym / Outdoors
- EALD – Karen Prideaux
- Nicky Taylor – Senior Leader
- Rob Warncken – Deputy Principal
- Paul Luke – Principal
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Kind regards – Pau, Rob and Nicky