As we progress well into the middle part of the term, we have begun planning for a number of upcoming events on our school calendar, being the National Day Of Action Against Bullying And Violence on Friday 18 March followed by Harmony Day on Monday 21 March.
National Day of Action Against Bullying and Violence – Friday 18 March
The theme for this year’s National Day of Action against Bullying and Violence is ‘Kindness Culture’.
The Kindness Culture theme offers an opportunity for us to learn more about kindness and how to demonstrate kind behaviour. Kindness plays an important role in bullying prevention and is linked to our school value – Caring.
Students and classes have been creating “Kindness Flowers’ which will be on display in the front office.
A display has also been created in the library for students and staff to acknowledge Random acts of Kindness. The bucket is slowly filling up.
Harmony Day – Monday 21 March
Harmony Day is a day we celebrate Australian multiculturalism, based on the successful integration of migrants into our community.
Harmony Day is about inclusiveness, respect and belonging for all Australians, regardless of cultural or linguistic background, united by a set of core Australian values. It is also about understanding different cultures and ways of life, and seeing how they can fit together.
Held every year on 21 March, with its motto ‘Everyone belongs’, Harmony day reminds us to appreciate everyone, regardless of their background or circumstances.
To celebrate our community’s cultural diversity, we invite students and staff to either dress up in orange or come to school dressed in their family’s national attire / costume.
We are looking forward to uniting together to celebrate our cultural diversity and learn new things about other cultures in our community at a whole school assembly on this day.
Stay tuned for more information.
Have a great week – regards, Paul, Rob and Nicky.
School Group Tours – Registration of Interest for 2023
We have scheduled the following dates for school group tours to commence this year.. School group tours allow prospective school families to learn more about the learning programs offered at Craigburn by hearing from the leadership team and taking a tour of the school.
Please contact us by phone or email to register your interest in attending one of the dates listed below.
- Friday 11 March – 9.15am to 10.30am
- Wednesday 23 March – 9.15am to 10.30am
- Thursday 7 April – 9.15am to 10.30am
- Friday 13 May – 9.15am to 10.30am
- Wednesday 25 May – 9.15am to 10.30am
- Thursday 16 June – 9.15am to 10.30am
*** Please note face masks must be worn.
Registration of Interest forms to register interest in enrolling your child/ren for 2023 can be obtained by contacting the front office by phone or email.
Families residing within the Craigburn Primary School zone and / or who have a child/ren currently enrolled at Craigburn are given priority placement.
- Families must use the ‘Find a School’ link on the department website to determine their zoned school.
- Proof of residential address must be required prior to enrolment being offered.
- Registrations of Interest are only accepted for 2023.
Thank you for your ongoing support and understanding as we manage the current COVID-19 situation.
Almost every class in the school has now had at least one confirmed positive COVID-19 case, meaning students and staff in those classes have been deemed close contacts.
When a confirmed case has been reported, we are required to complete and submit a COVID-19 response form to the Department. Text messages and letters (emailed) are then sent to families.
If and when you do receive this notification, we remind you of the safety measures SA Health has in place in relation to extra-curricular activities, namely after-hours school sports.
Specifically, if a student is deemed a class contact, SA Health advises that for 7 full days after the date of the notified case, they should: ‘Avoid attending out of hours school care’ and ‘Not attend extracurricular activities in the school.’
Extracurricular activities include after-hour school sports – both training and games.
A friendly reminder to keep your child/ren home if they are:
- experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms
- any other member of the household has COVID-19
- they are a close contact for a person who has COVID-19 and are required to quarantine
- If your child has previously tested positive to COVID-19, they will not be considered a close contact for 30 days after they have finished isolation.
- After 30 days, they will be considered a close contact if they are re-exposed to COVID-19.
Also, please notify us asap if your child/ren tests positive for COVID-19 – by phone 8270 4144 and / or email.
Student Free Days / School Closure
Our first student free is set for Monday 2 May – the first day of Term 2. This date is aligned with our local Partnership of Schools.
The dates for the remaining 3 student free days and 1 school closure will be confirmed at our next Governing Council meeting.
2022 Materials and Services Charge Invoice
Last Thursday your child took home a Materials and Services Charge Invoice with payment information and options.
Craigburn Primary School provides our students with a range of learning programs to help them learn and grow. These programs are supported by families who make a financial contribution through the Materials and Services charge.
As communicated to families last year through the Craigburn Connections news blog, the Governing Council of Craigburn Primary School has set the Materials and Services Charge for the 2022 year at $440 per student for the full year.
The Materials and Services Charge contributes to the cost of providing essential items and services used or consumed by individual students during the course of their learning. This includes printed and electronic materials, access to books, stationery supplies, curriculum materials, printing and copying for use in the educational program, library and information technology resources.
Student Information Details – Reminder
It is important that we have up to date student information including current contact details for all families – home addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contacts, shared care arrangements and any other relevant information for our school records.
This information is particularly important for our Year 6 cohort where address details are required for High School transition.
If you have changed any of your contact details or are unsure of the details we have on our database, please contact us by phone 82704144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org All changes of address will require proof in writing.
During the year, if you have any changes to your contact details, please communicate these to us asap. Thank you.
Term 1 Planner
Please check in with these key dates / events on our 2022 school calendar.
Term 1 – With COVID restrictions in place, we will continue to post updates once they are confirmed.
- Friday 11/3 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Monday 14/3 – Adelaide Cup Public Holiday
- Friday 18/3 – National Day of Action against Bullying and Violence
- Monday 21/3 – Harmony Day
- Wednesday 23/3 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Monday 28/3 – Swimming Week for Years 3-5
- Tuesday 29/3 – Year 6 Aquatics at Port Noarlunga
- Wednesday 30/3 – Southern Heights District Athletics
- Monday 4/4 – Student-led conferences begin
- Thursday 7/4 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Monday 11/4 – Student-led conferences continue
- Thursday 14/4 – End of Term 1 – Early Dismissal
- Good Friday 15/4
Term 2 – With COVID restrictions in place, we will continue to post updates once they are confirmed.
- Monday 2/5 – Student Free Day
- Tuesday 3/5 – Swimming Week for Reception – Year 2
- Tuesday 10/5 – Friday 20/5 – NAPLAN
- Friday 13/5 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Wednesday 25/5 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Thursday 26/5 – National Sorry Day
- Friday 27/5 – Southern Heights Cross Country
- Friday 27/5 to Thursday 2/6 – National Reconciliation Week
- Sunday 5/6 – World Environment Day
- Monday 13/6 – Queens Birthday Public Holiday
- Thursday 16/6 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Friday 8/7 – End of Term 2 – Early Dismissal
Term 3 – With COVID restrictions in place, we will continue to post updates once they are confirmed.
- Monday 25/7 – First Day of Term
- Friday 19/7 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Tuesday 16/8 – Whole School Photos
- Monday 22/8 – Book Week begins
- Friday 26/8 – Book Week Dress Up Day, Book Fair starts
- Monday 29/8 to Tuesday 30/8 – Book Fair
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal
Term 4 – With COVID restrictions in place, we will continue to post updates once they are confirmed.
- Monday 17/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal
To Be Confirmed: Assemblies, School Camps, Footsteps Dance program, Book Week Incursion, Sports Day, Music is Fun Incursion, Gala Day and Craigburn’s Got Talent.