We have made the difficult decision to cancel next week’s Swimming Program for students in Years 3-5.
As you would be aware, the ongoing COVID situation is presenting many challenges for schools. COVID safe measures in schools continue to be reviewed on a regular basis with SA Health.
The Department has advised schools to consider cancelling non-essential events, particularly those where students and staff are gathered in shared indoor public spaces.
We have assessed the risk of students, staff and volunteer parents attending the indoor swimming centre next week, in light of the current COVID situation where increased numbers of cases are occurring throughout the state and schools.
Due to the COVID situation, we are experiencing staff shortages, including access to relieving staff. We also have had a limited number of parent volunteers to support supervision for swimming week. (Thank you to the parents who were able to volunteer)
We apologise for the short notice and any inconvenience, however the health and safety of our school community is paramount.
Please note, the Year 6 Aquatics program and District Athletics Carnival will still proceed as these are outdoor events.
We will be looking to reschedule the Year 3-5 swimming program at a later date (to be advised). We are also reviewing the Reception – Year 2 swimming program to determine if this will proceed early next term – pending the COVID situation.
Thank you for your understanding.
Kind regards, Paul
Paul Luke – Principal