We trust all Craigburn mums, step mums, grandmothers, aunties, and all those who play a maternal role in our students’ lives enjoyed a very happy Mother’s Day.
We also hope everyone found some time to reflect on what Mother’s Day represents in 2022 – thinking of you all.
It was pleasing to see students, staff and families back at school last week, although we know families (and staff) continue to be impacted by COVID-19. Nonetheless, we move forward and endeavour to keep school life as normal as possible. We expect more positive cases to be reported in coming weeks and appreciate families informing us as soon as possible. With the winter cold and flu season on our doorstep, we ask parents / carers of children who are unwell to keep them at home.
Once again, we thank you for your ongoing support and care.
Kind regards – Paul and Nicky
Over the next 2 weeks our Year 3 and 5 students will sit the NAPLAN assessments. NAPLAN is a national literacy and numeracy assessment that our students sit in May each year. Students will sit assessments in writing, reading, conventions of language (spelling, grammar and punctuation) and numeracy. NAPLAN is one aspect of our school’s assessment and reporting process. We wish all our students well with their NAPLAN assessments.
If you wish to have your child withdrawn from the tests, please refer to the recent post NAPLAN Parent Information 2022. If you have any questions please contact Nicky Taylor.
For further information, please refer to the parent and carer information brochure.
Sports SA Mountain Bikers
A shout out to the students who represented Craigburn in last Thursday’s Sports SA mountain biking event.
Well done to all riders in a tough competition. Thank you to Mr Fergusson and supporting parents.
Federal Election Day Sausage Sizzle and School Garden Fundraiser
Please check in with the recents posts, where we are looking to raise funds for our environmental learning centre. If voting, please come along and grab something from the sausage sizzle or buy a plant. We look forward to seeing you there.
- Hats are still required as the UV continues to be 3 or above.
- As teaching staff are being impacted by COVID, we are thankful to have a number of our regular relievers on standby for term 2.
- We have 3 high school / ex-Craigburn students beginning their one week work experience placement with us.
- Student Representative Council (SRC) meetings, will meet with school leadership fortnightly, at 12.30pm on Fridays, commencing this week.
If you need to report a positive COVID-19 case, please provide the following information by phone 82704144 or email:
- Name of your child / year level / class.
- Date symptoms first appeared.
- Date of the positive test and the type of test taken – RAT, PCR or both.
- Last day your child attended school / OSHC.
Thank you to everyone who has promptly informed us of a positive case.
A friendly reminder to keep your child/ren home if they are:
- experiencing any COVID-19 symptoms.
Thank you to families who have paid their school fees in full by the 25th March, the $10 early bird discount has now been applied to your account. If you are yet to pay fees, please remember that full payment is due by the end of May.
Annual General Meeting
Our annual general meeting is scheduled for the evening of Tuesday 17 May. The AGM is held to share with our community the progress and achievements from the previous school year as well as sharing over our improvement plans moving forward. The meeting also provides the opportunity for the election of new members to the Governing Council and various subcommittees. Further information regarding the AGM will be posted soon.
School Group Tours – Registration of Interest for 2023
The following dates have been scheduled for school group tours. School group tours enable prospective school families to learn more about the learning programs offered at Craigburn by hearing from the leadership team and taking a tour of the school. Please contact us by phone or email to register your interest in attending one of the dates listed below.
- Friday 13 May – 9.15am to 10.30am – *** Please note face masks must be worn.
- Wednesday 25 May – 9.15am to 10.30am
- Thursday 16 June – 9.15am to 10.30am
Registration of Interest forms to register interest in enrolling your child/ren for 2023 can be obtained by contacting the front office by phone or email.
Families residing within the Craigburn Primary School zone and / or who have a child/ren currently enrolled at Craigburn are given priority placement.
- Families must use the ‘Find a School’ link on the department website to determine their zoned school.
- Proof of residential address must be required prior to enrolment being offered.
- Registrations of Interest are only accepted for 2023.
Early Morning Arrival
- Students are allowed to start arriving at school from 8:30am, unless attending OSHC. Students who are on the school grounds before 8.30am will be directed to the front office as teachers are not on duty prior to this time.
- The school siren sounds at 8.50am indicating all students need to be in their classrooms ready to start the day.
Staff Car Park, The Drop Off and Pick Up Zones and Local Traffic
- A friendly reminder that the staff car park is for staff only and for families displaying a ‘disability parking permit’.
- Keeping all children safe is our priority, so please do not use the staff car park to drop or collect children, unless pre-arranged with the front office.
- The Drop Off and Pick Up Zones (Murrays Hill Rd and Heath Lane) display signage informing motorists that parking in the Zones are restricted to 2 minutes from 3.00 to 3.30pm. These traffic controls were put in place by the City of Onkaparinga to better support traffic flow and minimise traffic congestion on Murrays Hill Rd prior to school dismissal.
- Traffic rangers visit schools (mostly without notice) to monitor these zones, and will issue infringement notices when appropriate. Parents and friends who arrive early for pick up are encouraged to find suitable off-street parking and arrange a location to safely meet their child/ren.
- Cross Country Running Update
- COVID-19 – Classroom Contact Update
- NAPLAN Update
- City Of Onkaparinga – Event Management Course
- Federal Election Day Sausage Sizzle 21st May – Volunteers Required
- School Garden Fundraiser Saturday 21st May
- UPDATE: YR 6 to 7 High School Transition 2023 Information
Yearly Planner Update
Term 2 – With COVID restrictions in place, we will continue to post updates once they are confirmed.
- Monday 2/5 – Student Free Day
- Tuesday 10/5 – Friday 20/5 – NAPLAN
- Friday 13/5 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Wednesday 25/5 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Thursday 26/5 – National Sorry Day
- Tuesday 24/5 – Southern Heights Cross Country
- Friday 27/5 to Thursday 2/6 – National Reconciliation Week
- Sunday 5/6 – World Environment Day
- Monday 13/6 – Queens Birthday Public Holiday
- Thursday 16/6 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Friday 8/7 – End of Term 2 – Early Dismissal
Term 3 – With COVID restrictions in place, we will continue to post updates once they are confirmed.
- Monday 25/7 – First Day of Term
- Friday 19/7 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Tuesday 16/8 – Whole School Photos
- Monday 22/8 – Book Week begins
- Friday 26/8 – Book Week Dress Up Day, Book Fair starts
- Monday 29/8 to Tuesday 30/8 – Book Fair
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal
Term 4 – With COVID restrictions in place, we will continue to post updates once they are confirmed.
- Monday 17/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Friday 4/11 – Sports Day
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal.