Last Friday, Craigburn celebrated Reconciliation Week, culminating in a sharing assembly led by our Student Executives.
All classes and buddy classes shared their learning related to this year’s theme ‘Be Brave. Make Change.’
We were privileged to have Shirley Morgan – Sophie’s Nan who kindly shared some interesting artefacts and gifted us with another piece of her artwork and why it’s so important to her and how it supports aboriginal culture and history. Nyia’s dad Jo also joined us to celebrate the occasion. Click on a photo to enlarge / scroll through.
We would also like to thank all of the Student Executive team for organising and leading the assembly. Their commitment to presenting an engaging learning experience is to be commended.
National Reconciliation Week supports all Australians to learn more about Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander cultures and histories, to share that knowledge and help us grow as a nation.
Annual General Meeting
After a challenging start to the school year and term 2, we are finally able to host our annual general meeting on Tuesday 14th June – please check in with the meeting details here.
Mid-Year Student Reports
Teachers are preparing mid-year reports, which will go home to parents / carers in the last week of term. Our teachers have been working in their year levels teams to determine how students have progressed in their learning in reference to the achievement standards in the Australian Curriculum.
Students in Years 1-6 will receive a written report with A-E grades, whilst Reception students will receive a written report referenced against the Foundation achievement standard.
School Sport SA
Well done to our Sapsasa netball teams who competed in the knockout competitions at Coromandel Valley Primary School last week. Both teams played with a positive attitude, team spirit and being great sports. Thank you to Miss McMahon and supporting parents.
Please check in with the Term 2 School Sport SA Update from our PE teacher, Karen Pettman.
Winter has well and truly arrived over the last few days, which means it’s that time of the year again when the cold / flu and tummy bugs begin to appear.
A friendly reminder that children who are feeling unwell or have cold / flu symptoms should be kept home from school until such time as they have fully recovered and / or symptoms have disappeared. This is the best way to avoid illness being spread to others.
If your child is going to be absent please advise the school via email or by a phone call to the front office.
Staff Illness / Relieving Staff
At this time of the term and year, staff can and do fall ill, requiring them to take sick leave. Similarly, teaching staff may be involved in extracurricular activities and professional development workshops.
During these times, we do our best to employ temporary relief teachers (TRTs) who know our students and school well. I would like to commend our students who understand the importance of positive learning behaviours when their teachers are absent from school. The feedback we receive from TRTs is most complimentary of our students and their behaviour.
A current challenge though for most schools, not just in Adelaide or South Australia, but across the country, is a major shortage of relieving teachers.
Moving School in 2023?
To support our staff and class planning for 2023, should your child/ren be leaving Craigburn Primary School (aside from current Year 6s) to attend another school next year, please notify us via the front office. Thank you.
Change of Contact Details
To help us keep up to date with family and emergency contact details please contact the front office with your change of details.
School grounds open for students at 8.30am, with classes commencing at 8.50am.
Traffic and Parking
The Department does not provide car parking facilities for parents and carers. The staff car park is for staff only.
We ask parents and carers to refrain from using the staff car park after 7.30am in the morning. Please park in the drop-off zone and walk your child/ren to OSHC.
There are a number of parents / carers using the service gate entrance off Murrays Hill Rd to drop off children and / or collect them in the afternoon. We politely ask to refrain from entering through this area.
A reminder also that the exit to the drop off zone is via the end of the zone.
Please note that local council rangers visit schools unannounced.
The lost property storage area adjacent to the canteen is beginning to build. If at school, please take a moment to check for any items your family may be missing.
- Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 14th June
- School Sport SA (Sapsasa) Update
- From the CE – Mid-Year Intake Information for Parents
- Commissioner’s Digital Challenge / Kodable
- Zart Student Art Competition
- Australian Girls Choir Open Day – Saturday 25th June
- CHILLED KIDS!
Yearly Planner Update
- Sunday 5/6 – World Environment Day
- Monday 13/6 – Queens Birthday Public Holiday
- Tuesday 14/6 – Annual General Meeting
- Thursday 16/6 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Wednesday 6/7 – Mid Year Reports sent home
- Friday 8/7 – End of Term 2 – Early Dismissal
- Monday 25/7 – First Day of Term
- Friday 19/7 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Tuesday 16/8 – Whole School Photos
- Monday 22/8 – Book Week begins
- Friday 26/8 – Book Week Dress Up Day, Book Fair starts
- Monday 29/8 to Tuesday 30/8 – Book Fair
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal
- Monday 17/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Friday 4/11 – Sports Day
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal