We trust everyone enjoyed some quality family time over the long weekend.
Best of luck to the Craigburn Crew’sers who compete at Victoria Park this Friday as part of the 2022 Australian HPV Super Series. Great to see the continued high level of interest in Pedal Prix with students at Craigburn, with both boy’s and girl’s teams entered. Thank you again to all parents and friends for supporting our teams. Race results can be accessed here.
Thank you for taking the time to read through the other items below.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead. Stay safe and dry.
Kind regards, Paul and Nicky.
Winter – Wellness – Wet Weather
The winter cold and flu ailments are well and truly with us. A friendly reminder – If your child is unwell, please keep them home until they are well and symptom free. Occasionally, children become unwell during the school day. When this happens, we will contact parents / caregivers for them to be collected.
The week ahead looks to be another wet one. At school, wet weather often restricts our ability to access the oval for outdoor play at recess and lunch, meaning more students congregate on hard play areas and around buildings. Students are continually reminded about safe and responsible play on these days.
Please remember to notify us when your child is absent. This can be done in a number of ways:
- Email – firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone to the front office on 8270 4144, or to the
- Reporting Student Absences HOTLINE!
Winter sports competitions are well underway with many students enjoying their participation. We would like to acknowledge and thank parents who are coaching and managing teams this year, as without this level of support we would be unable to field teams.
Best wishes to our Sapasa boy’s and girl’s soccer teams who will be playing in their knockout competitions over the next 2 weeks. Thank you to Jimmy Lowe who will be coaching the girl’s team and Brodie Warncken who will be coaching the boy’s team.
You can follow the Craigburn Crews’ers live results here and find out more about the competition.
Stay tuned for information about the annual Pedal Prix Wine Fundraiser.
Annual General Meeting
After a challenging start to the school year and term 2, we are finally able to host our annual general meeting on Tuesday evening, 14 June in the Library commencing at 6:30pm and concluding at 8.00pm. Prior to the meeting, light refreshments and nibbles will be available from 6:00pm. Crèche facilities will be available.
The AGM is a great opportunity for parents to come together with the Governing Council, Leadership team and staff to share in our school’s achievements and highlights of 2021. The AGM also serves as an opportunity for parents to nominate for the 2022 Governing Council and / or participate on one of many sub-committees which provide support and direction for a range of school activities enabling us to further build and maintain a strong community culture. Further details can be accessed here.
Reception Enrolments for 2023
As we are nearing the midpoint of the school year, we are starting to look at our Reception Enrolments for 2023.
If you are a new family to Craigburn and would like to register interest for a child starting Reception in 2023, please contact the Front Office for a Registration of Interest form.
Moving School in 2023?
To support our staff and class planning for 2023, should your child/ren be leaving Craigburn Primary School (aside from current Year 6s) to attend another school next year, please notify us via the front office. Thank you.
Change of Contact Details
To help us keep up to date with family and emergency contact details please contact the front office with your change of details.
The lost property storage area adjacent to the canteen is beginning to overflow. If at school, please take a moment to check for any items your family may be missing.
- School grounds open for students at 8.30am, with classes commencing at 8.50am.
Traffic and Parking
- Unfortunately, the Department does not provide car parking facilities for parents and carers. The staff car park is for staff only.
- We ask parents and carers to refrain from using the staff car park after 7.30am in the morning. Please park in the drop-off zone and walk your child/ren to OSHC.
- A reminder also that the exit to the drop off zone is via the end of the zone.
- Please note that local council rangers visit schools on a regular basis
- Cross Country State Championship
- Materials and Services Charge Discount
- Annual General Meeting – Tuesday 14th June
- School Sport SA (Sapsasa) Update
- From the CE – Mid-Year Intake Information for Parents
- Commissioner’s Digital Challenge / Kodable
Yearly Planner Update
- Tuesday 14/6 – Annual General Meeting
- Wednesday 15/6 – Sapsasa Soccer Boys
- School Group Tour (9.15am) dates to rescheduled to:
- Wednesday 15/6
- Thursday 23/6
- Friday 17/6 – Pedal Prix – Victoria Park
- Friday 24/6 – Sapsasa Boy’s Footy
- Thursday 30/6 – Sapsasa Soccer Girls
- Wednesday 6/7 – Mid Year Reports sent home
- Friday 8/7 – End of Term 2 – Early Dismissal
- Monday 25/7 – First Day of Term
- Friday 19/7 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Tuesday 16/8 – Whole School Photos
- Monday 22/8 – Book Week begins
- Friday 26/8 – Book Week Dress Up Day, Book Fair starts
- Monday 29/8 to Tuesday 30/8 – Book Fair
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal
- Monday 17/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Friday 4/11 – Sports Day
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal