We trust everyone enjoyed the weekend with their families.
There continues to be many children and staff suffering from winter ailments including COVID-19, and unable to attend school. We extend our best wishes to everyone who is unwell and returns to good health soon.
A timely and friendly reminder to keep your child/ren home if they are feeling unwell or have cold / flu /COVID-19 symptoms, until such time as they have fully recovered and / or symptoms have disappeared. This is the best way to avoid illness being spread to others.
Casual Day Charity Fundraiser – A Splash of Colour – Friday 8th July
A special mention to our student leaders who are leading our first casual day charity fundraiser for the year. The team discussed the importance of giving to others in our wider community and who may be in situations less fortunate than themselves.
As members of the student executive team recently shared, they became aware of a school community in NSW that experienced severe flood damage to their school earlier this year. In learning about this from one of our school’s families who have a connection with Mullumbimby Primary School, our students discussed how they could help re-stock the school’s library which was extensively damaged.
In response to this, our student leaders have organised a casual day (last day of term) with the theme ‘A Splash of Colour’ along with an invitation for Craigburn students / families to donate a used / new book to help stock the Mullumbimby Primary School’s library.
Please check in with the student’s post for more details. Thank you to students / families who have already supported this student-led charity fundraiser.
As part of an internal leadership restructure for 2022, we would like to announce the following appointments.
Congratulations to teachers, Brooke Hamden and Veronica Khalaf who have been appointed to two coordinator positions for the remainder of the year. Both Veronica and Brooke bring a depth of knowledge and experience to these roles and will provide curriculum leadership support to our ongoing learning improvement plans. Both Brooke and Veronica will be released from their classes one day each week.
Student Wellbeing Leader
Janine Mackay has been appointed to the student wellbeing leader role, which involves supporting and encouraging: attendance, behaviour and learning at school and to help manage relationships with family, teachers and peers. Janine will work in this role for 2 days each week.
Congratulations to Pearl Somerset (Year 1 teacher) and her partner Shae who are expecting a baby in December. Pearl will continue teaching through to the middle of Term 4.
We remind families of the opportunity to acknowledge and thank educators at Craigburn through the ThankED initiative.
ThankED gives you the chance to celebrate and thank public educators who make a difference every day, as well as those people who work in support of them.
Feel free to thank a member of staff here.
Pedal Prix Highlights
A big ‘shout out and well done’ to the Craigburn Crew’sers (Pedal Prix team) who were in action on Friday at Victoria Park for the third round of the HPV Super Series.
Craigburn continues to be the only public primary school to field a girl’s only team, finishing in second place in their category. The boy’s team finished in 19th place from 34 teams. A wonderful effort and achievement from both teams.
Thank you to Mr Lemmey and Mr Fergusson for their leadership and coordination of the Pedal Prix. Thank you also to the families who supported the teams on the day.
Race results can be found here – http://www.ahpvss.com/results-archive
Their next race will be at Tailem Bend on Saturday 6 August.
Annual General Meeting – Thanks
Thank you to the parents and staff who attended our Annual General Meeting last Monday evening where reports were shared by various school groups who shared highlights and achievements of the 2021 school year.
The opening spotlight to the meeting was shared by Paul Luke (Principal) and Emily (garden teacher, who shared the history and development of the environmental learning centre (school garden). Paul firstly shared insights into how the garden was first developed through a community vision, with Emily sharing how the garden has grown to provide students with an engaging learning space to develop environmental awareness and understanding and much more.
Elections were held for the 2022 Governing Council, with the following parents forming the new council for the year ahead: Katelyn Adams, Belinda Cece, Kathryn Stone, Kelly Howlett, Nicole Rizzo-Gray, Rebecca May, Ahmad Khalaf, Kim Altschwager, Liann Delgado, Sally-Ann Prince, Annika Reinke and Bridget Dansie.
The governing council will be convening soon to establish various sub-committees.
A special mention and thank you to previous members Sam Slattery, Steve Bottrill, Kylie Basley, Alice Hilberdink, Catherine Argent for their work and support on the Governing Council throughout 2020/21.
To Note / Friendly Reminders
- Whole School Photos are scheduled for Tuesday 16th August – Week 4 of Term 3.
- Moving School in 2023? To support our staff and class planning for 2023, should your child/ren be leaving Craigburn Primary School (aside from current Year 6s) to attend another school next year, please notify us via the front office. Thank you.
- Change of Contact Details To help us keep up to date with family and emergency contact details please contact the front office with your change of details.
- Lost Property The lost property storage area adjacent to the canteen is beginning to overflow. If at school, please take a moment to check for any items your family may be missing.
- Reception Enrolments for 2023 As we are nearing the midpoint of the school year, we are starting to look at our Reception Enrolments for 2023.If you are a new family to Craigburn and would like to register interest for a child starting Reception in 2023, please contact the Front Office for a Registration of Interest form.
A small number of parents are continuing to enter the service entrance to the school off Murrays Hill Rd for morning drop offs and / or afternoon pickups. This entrance is not intended nor safe for this purpose. Please avoid this service entrance and find a suitable and safe area to drop off and / or pick up your child/ren.
- Materials and Services Charge Discount – Information
- State Representative – Cross Country
- Sapsasa News
- SRC Casual Day Charity Fundraiser – Mullumbimby Flood Recovery
- Pedal Prix Wine Fundraiser 2022
- Materials and Services Charge Discount
- School Sport SA (Sapsasa) Update
- From the CE – Mid-Year Intake Information for Parents
Yearly Planner Update
- School Group Tour (9.15am) dates to rescheduled to:
- Thursday 23/6
- Friday 24/6 – Sapsasa Boy’s Footy
- Wednesday 6/7 – Mid Year Reports sent home
- Friday 8/7 – Casual Day – End of Term 2 – Early Dismissal
- Monday 25/7 – First Day of Term
- Friday 19/7 – School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Tuesday 16/8 – Whole School Photos
- Monday 22/8 – Book Week begins
- Friday 26/8 – Book Week Dress Up Day, Book Fair starts
- Monday 29/8 to Tuesday 30/8 – Book Fair
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal
- Monday 17/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Friday 4/11 – Sports Day
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal