There are only a few days left before the ICAS shop closes at 11.59pm Monday 1st August. If you would like your child to participate please read the information below to register your child/children.
What is ICAS?
The International Competitions and Assessments for Schools (ICAS) is an online academic competition that is designed to assess students’ higher order thinking and problem-solving skills in English, Mathematics, Science, Writing, Spelling Bee and Digital Technologies.
Each assessment celebrates students’ accomplishments by providing opportunities for recognition and development. Every student who participates will receive a printed certificate and an online results report. Top performers will be eligible for medals and are invited to attend special award ceremonies to have their academic excellence publicly recognised.
We encourage you to consider entering your child into ICAS this year. The assessments are suitable for students wishing to extend themselves academically and take up the personal challenge of competing in an international assessment, that has been running for 40 years. Your child will be presented with high-quality, expert-developed questions, allowing them to apply their learning without the need for prior study or revision.
ICAS Assessments are now online, a move that reflects a sector-wide transition to online assessments. This allows greater accessibility for students and faster delivery of results.
Learn more about ICAS here: https://www.icasassessments.com/products-icas
Our school has signed up for the ICAS Assessments parent payment system (PPS) for (English, Mathematics, Science and Digital Technologies) Through this system parents can pay for ICAS directly online while tests will still be held at our school. Please use the following details to register your child no later than Monday, 1st August 2022.
How to participate in ICAS
If you wish for your child to participate in ICAS this year, please:
- Read about ICAS subjects and prices here:(https://www.icasassessments.com/products-icas)
- Go to Parent Portal here: (https://shop.icasassessments.com/pages/pps)
- Enter our school’s access code – QZL817
- Enter your child’s details, select the tests you would like to purchase, then proceed to payment.
After payment is made via the Parent Payment System, you will receive an order confirmation email, please keep this for your records.
We will notify you of the date(s) that we run ICAS at the school and when your child’s ICAS results are ready. You and your child can access the results once released via the Reports Portal using the TAP ID and pin found on the back of the ICAS certificate.
The following information is a privacy notification about how your child’s data is kept private and secure.
Privacy Collection Statement
Janison is aware of our responsibility to protect the identity of, and all information relating to, children, and students in general, from disclosure and consequently Janison does not:
- collect any personal information or data of children other than as required for the purposes of completion of the assessment, test or exam;
- transfer any personal information or data obtained during the delivery of assessments, tests or exams conducted in Australia to any jurisdiction outside of Australia other than with the specific consent of the person, or his or her parent or guardian;
- transfer any personal information or data obtained during the delivery of assessments, tests or exams conducted in other international regions out of the child’s jurisdiction other than with the specific consent of the person, or his or her parent or guardian;
- share any personal information or data relating to children or students with any third parties (other than a third party whose services are necessary for servicing our products, e.g. print/distribution companies, medal engraving, etc.) except with the specific consent of the person, or his or her parent or guardian;
- use any personal information or data relating to children or students for marketing purposes.
Janison may retain personal information and data relevant to a child for their future purposes or for research purposes by Janison for the duration of the school life cycle of the child. However, if you or your child at any time wish to have their personal information or data removed from our systems, they or you may opt out by simply contacting our Privacy Officer at email@example.com.
We are proud to offer ICAS and look forward to some fantastic results later in the year.
Please do not hesitate to contact the school office if you have any questions.
Nicky Taylor – Deputy Principal