It’s been great to see students, staff and families back at school and settle into the new term.
It’s hard to believe that at this time last year, we were managing a lock-down situation with children learning at home. How times have changed, however, as mentioned in last week’s wrap, we remain vigilant and cognisant of the ongoing COVID-19 situation and remind families to take note of the recommendations as per the letter from the Department and SA Health.
Thank you again for your ongoing support.
To Note / Reminders
- If you haven’t already done so, you please check in with last week’s first Weekly Wrap for Term 3.
- This coming Saturday 6 August, the Craigburn Crew’sers will be in action at Tailem Bend for Race 4 of the UniSA Australian HPV Super Series. You can follow their live results here. Go Crew’sers!
- Monday 1st August – last day to register for the ICAS competitions.
- School Photos are scheduled for Tuesday 16th August – Please check in with the recent post for details. School Photo envelopes will be distributed to classrooms this week. Stay tuned for more details re the process for ordering, Family Photos. Note – we are confirming a time for Photo Make Up Day.
- Student Free Days
- Friday 2nd September – Term 3 Week 6
- Monday 17th October – Term 4 Week 1
- Friday 25th November – Term 4 Week 6
- School Closure Day
- Monday 5th September – Term 3 Week 7 (Royal Adelaide Show Week)
- 2023 Reception Enrolments / Transition
- Families with a sibling enrolment for 2023 will receive an enrolment form and transition letter, outlining information for transition visits in Term 4, occurring over three consecutive Wednesdays 9th, 16th and 23rd of November.
- Leaving Craigburn in 2023?
- Aside from Year 6 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2023, please inform the front office, by phone 8270 4144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- This will help us with our forward planning for the 2023 school year. Thank you.
Book Week is only 4 weeks away, with this year’s theme, ‘Dreaming with Eyes Open.’
As has been the tradition, we look forward to one of our favourite days of the year, when students and staff (and some parents too!) dress up in the spirit of the theme on Friday 26 August.
Please check in with the post, Book Week – Second-hand Costume Sale, a creative initiative from our student-led environment team to recycle pre-loved and worn costumes.
More information to come including details regarding our annual Book Fair.
Premier’s Reading Challenge
Congratulations to students who have already completed the 2022 Premier’s Reading Challenge.
The Reading Challenge remains open to the end of week 6, and requires students to read 12 books – 8 books from the Premier’s Reading Challenge booklist and 4 personal choice books. Eligible books include e-books, audio books, class/shared reading, prescribed books for school, non-fiction books, books read as research for assignments or books in another language.
Every student needs a Student Reading Record, available from the library or one can be downloaded here.
The Department for Education’s annual parent survey
The Department for Education coordinates an annual survey to better understand the things we’re doing well, where we can improve, and what’s important to you as a parent. The information we collect from this survey is driving change for the department.
In the week beginning Monday 1 August you will receive an email or SMS from the Parent Survey Team with a unique link to participate in the survey.
We highly encourage you to complete the survey, which takes less than 10 minutes. Your feedback will be used locally in our school improvement planning and more broadly to inform other key initiatives to improve education in South Australia. Your answers will not identify you or your child. Only collated feedback will be provided to our school.
If you did not receive an email or SMS with your unique survey link, contact education.ParentSurvey@sa.gov.au and include our school’s name in your email.
For more information visit the Department for Education website.
Secondary Enrolment Update – Information to Families of Year 6 students
In week 3 of term 3, enrolment offers for secondary school will be sent to the families of our year 6 students.
Most families will receive their offer by email on 10, 11 or 12 August.
If you think you have not received your enrolment offer from your secondary school, you need to check your junk folder for an email from email@example.com.
If you did not provide an email address on your registration of interest form, you will receive your enrolment offer in the mail or it will be handed to you by your child.
If your enrolment offer has not arrived by 15 August, please let Bron at the Front Office know and we can follow up with the secondary school on your behalf.
If you need support to accept your enrolment offer visit www.education.sa.gov.au/enrolment, or contact your allocated secondary school and they can step you through the process.
- School Sport SA State Representatives
- End of Term 2 and Term 3 Sapsasa Information
- ICAS – Reminder
- Book Week – Second-hand Costume Sale
- International Competitions and Assessments for Schools
- School Photos – Tuesday August 16th 2022
Term 3 and 4 – Key Dates
- Saturday 6/8 – Pedal Prix, Tailem Bend
- Wednesday 10/8 – ICAS competitions start
- Friday 12/8 – Sapsasa Boys Basketball
- Monday 15/8 – Governing Council
- Tuesday 16/8 – Whole School Photos
- Monday 22/8 – Book Week begins
- Friday 26/8 – Book Week Dress Up Day, Book Fair starts
- Monday 29/8 to Tuesday 30/8 – Book Fair
- Monday 29/8 – Footsteps begins
- Thursday 1/9 – Father’s Day Stall
- Friday 2/9 – Student Free Day – Royal Adelaide Show begins
- Monday 5/9 – School Closure
- Friday 9/9 – Premiers Challenges End, Sapsasa Athletics Day – MIle End
- Monday 19/9 – Governing Council
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal 2.10pm
- Monday 17/10 – Student Free Day
- Tuesday 18/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Monday 31/10 – Governing Council
- Friday 4/11 – Sports Day
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Friday 25/11 – Student Free Day
- Monday 28/11 – Governing Council
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal