We trust all families are keeping safe and well and extend our best wishes to students, staff and families who are unwell and recovering from COVID-19 / winter ailments. Unfortunately, a number of teaching staff have been unwell and unable to attend school. We are thankful for the support of our regular relief teachers.
This week’s wrap contains a number of reminders and repeat information from last week.
Kind regards, Paul and Nicky.
To Note / Reminders
- On Saturday, the Craigburn Crew’sers were in action at Tailem Bend for Race 4 of the UniSA Australian HPV Super Series. Well done to all Crew’sers who participated on the day.
- A shout-out to our Sapsasa boys Basketball team who compete this Friday in the Sports SA knockout competition. Good luck team!
- Lost property is continuing to build up again – please check for any items that may have been misplaced
- School Photos are scheduled for Tuesday 16th August – Please check in with the recent post for details. School Photo envelopes will be distributed to classrooms this week. Stay tuned for more details re the process for ordering, Family Photos. Note – Photo Make Up Day is set for Wednesday 31st August.
- Student Free Days / School Closure – These are set for:
- Friday 2nd September – Term 3 Week 6
- Monday 17th October – Term 4 Week 1
- Friday 25th November – Term 4 Week 6
- (School Closure Day Monday 5th September – Term 3 Week 7 – Royal Adelaide Show Week)
- 2023 Reception Enrolments / Transition
- This week, families with a sibling enrolment for 2023 will receive an ‘Offer of Enrolment’ letter, outlining information for transition visits in Term 4, occurring over three consecutive Wednesdays 16th, 23rd and 30th of November (Apologies for the incorrect dates in last week’s wrap).
- Leaving Craigburn in 2023?
- Aside from Year 6 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2023, please inform the front office, by phone 8270 4144 or email email@example.com
- This will help us with our forward planning for the 2023 school year. Thank you.
As mentioned last week, Book Week is not far away, and we look forward to our annual dress up day on Friday 26th August. This year’s theme is ‘Dreaming with Eyes Open’.
Please check in with the post, Book Week – Second-hand Costume Sale, a creative initiative from our student-led environment team to recycle pre-loved and worn costumes.
More information to come including details regarding our annual Book Fair.
Premier’s Reading Challenge
Congratulations to students who have already completed the 2022 Premier’s Reading Challenge.
The Reading Challenge remains open to the end of week 6, and requires students to read 12 books – 8 books from the Premier’s Reading Challenge booklist and 4 personal choice books. Eligible books include e-books, audio books, class/shared reading, prescribed books for school, non-fiction books, books read as research for assignments or books in another language.
Every student needs a Student Reading Record, available from the library or one can be downloaded here.
The Department for Education’s annual parent survey
The Department for Education coordinates an annual survey to better understand the things we’re doing well, where we can improve, and what’s important to you as a parent. The information we collect from this survey is driving change for the department.
Last week, you should have received an email or SMS from the Parent Survey Team with a unique link to participate in the survey.
We highly encourage you to complete the survey, which takes less than 10 minutes. Your feedback will be used locally in our school improvement planning and more broadly to inform other key initiatives to improve education in South Australia. Your answers will not identify you or your child. Only collated feedback will be provided to our school.
If you did not receive an email or SMS with your unique survey link, contact education.ParentSurvey@sa.gov.au and include our school’s name in your email.
For more information visit the Department for Education website.
Secondary Enrolment Update – Information to Families of Year 6 students
This week, enrolment offers for secondary school will be sent to the families of year 6 students.
Most families will receive their offer by email on 10, 11 or 12 August.
If you think you have not received your enrolment offer from your secondary school, you need to check your junk folder for an email from firstname.lastname@example.org
If you did not provide an email address on your registration of interest form, you will receive your enrolment offer in the mail or it will be handed to you by your child.
If your enrolment offer has not arrived by 15 August, please let Bron at the Front Office know and we can follow up with the secondary school on your behalf.
If you need support to accept your enrolment offer visit www.education.sa.gov.au/enrolment, or contact your allocated secondary school and they can step you through the process.
- 2022 Art Competitions
- Flagstaff Hill 2022 Junior Golf Clinics
- Uniform Shop Update
- REMINDER! School Photos Tuesday 16th August
- School Sport SA State Representatives
- End of Term 2 and Term 3 Sapsasa Information
- Book Week – Second-hand Costume Sale
- School Photos – Tuesday August 16th 2022
Term 3 and 4 – Key Dates
- Saturday 6/8 – Pedal Prix, Tailem Bend
- Wednesday 10/8 – ICAS competitions start
- Friday 12/8 – Sapsasa Boys Basketball
- Monday 15/8 – Governing Council
- Tuesday 16/8 – Whole School Photos
- Monday 22/8 – Book Week begins
- Friday 26/8 – Book Week Dress Up Day, Book Fair starts
- Monday 29/8 to Tuesday 30/8 – Book Fair
- Monday 29/8 – Footsteps begins
- Thursday 1/9 – Father’s Day Stall
- Friday 2/9 – Student Free Day – Royal Adelaide Show begins
- Monday 5/9 – School Closure
- Friday 9/9 – Premiers Challenges End, Sapsasa Athletics Day – MIle End
- Monday 19/9 – Governing Council
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal 2.10pm
- Monday 17/10 – Student Free Day
- Tuesday 18/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Monday 31/10 – Governing Council
- Friday 4/11 – Sports Day
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Friday 25/11 – Student Free Day
- Monday 28/11 – Governing Council
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal