Members of our school community have tested positive to COVID-19 from the following classes from Friday 12 to Monday 15th August.
- Year 5/6 Room B8 – 2 cases
- Year 5/6 Room B11 – 2 cases
If your child is in either of these classes they should continue to attend school, however you must monitor for symptoms for 14 days. You, as the parent/guardian, must ensure your child is well and has no symptoms of COVID-19 (even mild) prior to them attending each day.
We will continue to provide regular updates if anyone else in our school community tests positive for COVID-19.
If your child develops symptoms such as a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, loss of smell/taste, muscle/joint pains, diarrhoea, nausea/vomiting or extreme tiredness, please:
- Obtain a PCR test (You can find your nearest COVID-19 testing clinic here)
- Inform the school and keep your child at home until you receive confirmation of a negative test and their symptoms have resolved, whichever is longer.
- If your child tests positive, s/he is a COVID-19 case, must remain isolated for 7 days and must follow SA Health instructions. Siblings of confirmed positive cases are considered a close contact and should follow the advice from SA Health.
If your child has recovered from COVID-19 they are not considered a classroom contact for 28 days after their release from isolation. After 28 days, your child will still be considered a classroom contact if they are exposed to COVID-19.
The safety and wellbeing of our children/students and staff are paramount. As such, we will continue to work closely with SA Health to ensure that all necessary health advice is closely followed. While we recognise this can be disruptive and inconvenient for many families it is important that we follow SA Health advice and take all necessary precautions to minimise the risk of further transmission within our community.