Winter is nearly over with the smell of spring almost in the air ready to launch into new beginnings.
Last Thursday, we all came together at a whole school assembly to celebrate our student leaders – Student Representative Council (SRC), Student Leadership Executive and our Environmental Leaders, who were presented with their badges and certificates. It was also a proud moment for family members who were invited and able to attend.
The Student Leadership Executive Team and SRC members meet together fortnightly to discuss and plan student-led activities, whilst our environmental leaders take part in broader community based environmental initiatives.
We are looking forward to further family and community engagement as we progress into the second half of the school year.
Please look out soon for a special invitation to all Craigburn Dad’s and special friends to join us for a Father’s Day breakfast on Thursday 1st September.
Please also stay tuned for further parent and community engagement updates where we will be sharing information about how to become more involved in Governing Council Sub Committees, supporting community events such as school discos and Sports Day.
Please save the dates for:
- Sports Day – Friday 4th November (Term 4 Week 3)
- Craigburn’s 40th Birthday open afternoon / evening set for Tuesday 15th November (Term 4 Week 5)
- Celebration Night – Monday 12th December (Term 4 Week 9)
- Year 6 Graduation – Wednesday 14th December (Term 4 Week 9)
School Services Officer (SSO) Week
A special mention this week to all of our school service officers (SSOs) who each day, positively contribute to school life at Craigburn. Our SSOs undertake a wide range of roles in our school, in the areas of administration and learning support.
Our admin team of SSOs help manage, coordinate, plan and run a wide range of school operations including: front of house duties, first aid, finance, facilities, ICT, grounds, special events and much more – the list is endless.
Our learning support team of SSOs keep our library functioning well, manage our ICT network, provide additional learning support for students working in small groups as well as providing one to one support for others.
We are grateful to have such a dedicated team of SSOs at Craigburn and extend our best wishes to them for the week ahead.
- Front Office Admin and Finance
- Clare Aikens, Bron Fabrici, Sam Slattery
- Learning Support
- Aileen Nagy, Krysten Pattison, Julianne Lehmann, Hannah Hosking, Stacey Cassar and Linda Groen
- Library and ICT
- Jane Graham and Travis Nuske
- Environment and Grounds
- Emily Gray and John Spurr
- Pastoral Care
- Catherine Chambers
A special shout out also to our Governing Council Employees, Sue Letheby (Canteen) and Kylie Preece (OSHC).
The excitement is building in what promises to be a fun-filled book week, with the highlight being on Friday, with our annual dress up day and parade.
If you haven’t yet caught up with the information, please take time to read the recent post containing information about the Book Fair, Book Week Performance and Dress Up Day.
A reminder – students can come dressed as a character related to the theme, Dreaming with eyes open, or their favourite book character. We encourage students and families to be creative when planning costumes and utilise what you already have at home. Further details here.
Families are invited to join us for our whole school Book Week Parade, which will be held outside (weather permitting) on the bottom court adjacent to the amphitheatre – starting at 9.15am.
The Scholastic Book Fair will begin in the Library from Thursday 25 August through to Tuesday 30 August. Students and teachers will be able visit the Book Fair and fill out their Wish Lists on Thursday.
Purchasing of books can take place from 8:30 – 9:30am or 3:00 – 4:00pm. Please contact the school to negotiate an alternate time if these times do not suit.
The entrance to the Book Fair will be via the side door of the library opposite the year one classrooms. We encourage adults to wear a mask upon entry. When waiting for entry please observe physical distancing protocols.
We look forward to you visiting us on one of these days with your child’s wish list.
We are all looking forward to an enjoyable celebration of Book Week 2022.
Blackwood Art Show
Over the last school holidays, a number of Craigburn students entered the Blackwood Art Show. Congratulations to all students who submitted an art piece. We certainly have many talented artists.
A reminder that there are more competitions students may wish to enter soon – 2022 Art Competitions
Thank you to Miss Manna for her support and promotion of these competitions.
Congratulations to Max for winning first prize in the Primary School Arts Competition. A fabulous illustration of ‘Croc’.
Earlier this month, you would have received an email or SMS from the Department’s Parent Survey Team with a unique link to participate in the annual parent survey. If you haven’t already done so, please take a few minutes to share your feedback. The survey takes less than 10 minutes and will help us understand:
- what we’re doing well
- where we can improve
- what’s important to you.
Your answers will not identify you or your child. Only collated feedback will be provided to our school. Information collected will inform school improvement planning and activities at the school. The survey closes 5pm Sunday 28 August.
School Photo Make Up Day
If your child was absent on photo day last week, a make up day will be held on the morning of Wednesday 31st August.
Please contact the front office for details.
Our lost property area in the hallway is starting to overflow with hats, jumpers, lunch boxes, drink bottles and more!
This area is accessible before and after school and we encourage you to find items your family may have lost.
Student Free Days / School Closure
We remind families of the 3 remaining student free days and school closure day for 2022 – as below:
- Student Free Day – Friday 2nd September – Term 3 Week 6
- School Closure – Monday 5th September – Term 3 Week 7 (Royal Adelaide Show Week)
- Student Free Day – Monday 17th October – Term 4 Week 1
- Student Free Day – Friday 25th November – Term 4 Week 6
OSHC will be open for bookings on the student free days, however will be closed on the school closure day.
Leaving Craigburn in 2023?
- Aside from Year 6 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2023, please inform the front office, by phone 8270 4144 or email.
- This will help us with our forward planning for the 2023 school year. Thank you.
The eSafety Commissioner has resources and support to help all families have positive experiences online.
Visit the eSafety website for:
- advice on how to keep yourself and your family safe online
- information on setting up social media, apps and games to be safe
- how to report if something negative happens online
- online safety advice in plain English and languages other than English.
To receive more information on how to keep your family safe online sign up to the eSafety newsletter.
- Magic Millions Choir Rehearsal Excursion
- OSHC – School Closure and Pupil Free Day
- Le Dance Performing Arts School – Disco
- Flagstaff Hill Tennis Club – Come & Try
- Book Week 2022 – Dreaming with your eyes open …
- 2022 Art Competitions
Term 3 and 4 – Key Dates
- Monday 22/8 – Book Week begins
- Thursday 25/8 – Book Fair starts
- Thursday 25/8 – Magic Millions Senior Choir Rehearsal
- Friday 26/8 – Book Week Dress Up Day / Parade
- Monday 29/8 to Tuesday 30/8 – Book Fair
- Monday 29/8 – Footsteps begins
- Wednesday 31/8 – Photo Make Up Day
- Thursday 1/9 – Father’s Day Breakfast
- Friday 2/9 – Student Free Day – Royal Adelaide Show begins
- Monday 5/9 – School Closure
- Friday 9/9 – Premiers Challenges End, Sapsasa Athletics Day – Mile End
- Monday 19/9 – Governing Council
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal 2.10pm
- Monday 17/10 – Student Free Day
- Tuesday 18/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Monday 31/10 – Governing Council
- Friday 4/11 – Sports Day
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Tuesday 15/11 – Craigburn’s 40th Birthday Celebration – Open Afternoon / Evening
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Friday 25/11 – Student Free Day
- Monday 28/11 – Governing Council
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal