Thank you for joining us in the celebration of our first Father’s Day Breakfast last Thursday. It was great to see so many dads, grandads enjoying an egg and bacon muffin with their child/ren. A big shout out to our family and friends of Craigburn and staff who volunteered their time to ensure our Father’s Day breakfast was a successful community event.
Asthma Awareness Week
This week is Asthma Awareness Week – a timely opportunity to check in with how we can work together to manage asthma at school. Read more here.
This Thursday is 8 September is RUOK Day – an important day and time to check in with each other and start an RUOK? conversation using these four steps:
- Ask R U OK?
- Encourage action
- Check in
Some useful community resources here.
We are thrilled to have new playground markings installed – which have already proved to be popular amongst students and staff alike.
Premier’s Reading Challenge
The Premier’s Reading Challenge finishes this Friday – please encourage your child to hand in their record sheets before the end of the week. Unfortunately, late forms can’t be accepted.
Hats back on!
It’s time for students to be wearing their SunSmart hats during school hours as UV levels are reaching 3 and above for most days. Good idea to check that hats are labelled with your child’s name.
Remaining student free days for 2022
- Monday 17th October – Term 4 Week 1
- Friday 25th November – Term 4 Week 6
Save the dates
- Friday 4th November – Sports Day – Term 4 Week 3
- Tuesday 15th November – Craigburn’s 40th Birthday open afternoon / evening – Term 4 Week 5
- Monday 12th December – Celebration Night – Term 4 Week 9
Planning for 2023
Planning is well underway for the 2023 school year, which includes organising staffing, class structures and placements.
To assist with our planning, we would appreciate it if you could advise us if your child(ren) will not continue their schooling at Craigburn next year. If this is the case, please contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email. This does not include any current Year 6 students. Thank you.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / carer.
- Lost property continues to build up –the stall is situated in the hallway adjacent to the canteen and gym – please check for any items that may have been misplaced. A reminder also to please label clothing, drink / food containers, hats etc. When they are labelled they easily find their way back to students.
- Traffic and Parking. The local council has clear signage / road markings in relation to off-street parking. We respectfully ask families and friends to be extra mindful of adhering to the parking rules and regulations. This is in the best interest of safety for our students / families and local residents.
Term 3 and 4 – Key Dates
- Thursday 8/9 – Sports Day Captain Voting
- Friday 9/9 – Premiers Challenges End, Sapsasa Athletics Day – Mile End
- Sunday 11/9 – Tournament of Minds
- Tuesday 13/9 – Sports Day Run Offs
- Friday 16/9 – Senior Choir – Festival of Music Performance
- Monday 19/9 – Governing Council
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal 2.10pm
- Monday 17/10 – Student Free Day
- Tuesday 18/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Monday 31/10 – Governing Council
- Friday 4/11 – Sports Day
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Tuesday 15/11 – Craigburn’s 40th Birthday Celebration – Open Afternoon / Evening
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Friday 25/11 – Student Free Day
- Monday 28/11 – Governing Council
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal