Thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s weekly wrap to keep up to date with school happenings.
Her Majesty The Queen 1926 – 2022
To acknowledge the passing of Her Majesty and as a sign of respect, the South Australian Government is supporting several observances.
- From Friday 9 September 2022 to Thursday 22 September 2022, all flags in schools will be lowered to half-mast.
- All schools and preschools will continue to operate as usual up until Thursday 22 September.
- Public Holiday Thursday 22 September – A National Day of Mourning – The Prime Minister, Anthony Albanese, confirmed Australians will be given a day off to mark the death of Queen Elizabeth II.
Talented Students – Tournament of Minds
Congratulations and well done to our 2 Tournament of Minds Teams – The Seven Musketeers and ToM Kids – who presented creative solutions to their long term challenges in front of a panel of judges on Sunday at Adelaide High School.
It was rewarding to see such high levels of engagement and enjoyment from students who have been working on solutions to their challenges over the past six weeks.
Special thanks to teacher Andrea Grant who has spent countless after school hours facilitating and supporting the teams.
Thank you also to parents who supported the teams on the day.
Tournament of Minds (TOM) is a program for all primary and secondary students providing the opportunity to solve authentic, open-ended challenges that foster creative, divergent thinking whilst developing collaborative enterprise, excellence and teamwork. Challenges are set in the following disciplines… The Arts, Language Literature, Social Sciences and STEM.
Best Wishes – School Choir
Best wishes to our choir students who will be performing on Friday evening at the Festival Theatre as part of the Primary Schools Music Festival. An exciting time for students and families who look forward to a high quality evening performance of song, music and dance.
Spelling Bee Champs
Congratulations to Rachel G, Lucy W and Abel K who advanced to the State/Territory Finals of the Prime Minister’s Spelling Bee competition. A terrific achievement to be in the top 100 students in the state.
Well done to all students who participated in the Sapsasa Southern Heights Athletics Carnival on Friday. Thank you to Mrs Pettman, Mr Webster and supporting parents who attended on the day. Read more here.
Sports Day House Captains
Well done to all students who applied for the role of sports day house captain. Read more here.
Our new playground markings have finally arrived – and are providing extra fun options for students at play breaks. The giant chessboard, snakes & ladders game and fitness circuit are proving popular with young and old students alike.
Progressive Achievement Tests
Currently, our Year 2-6 students are undertaking the annual Progressive Achievement Tests in Reading and Maths.
The Progressive Achievement Tests (PAT) are online reading comprehension and maths assessments aligned to the Australian Curriculum. The tests are administered each year and provide teachers with information about the learning strengths and needs of their students.
Planning for 2023
Planning is well underway for the 2023 school year, which includes organising staffing, class structures and placements.
To assist with our planning, we would appreciate it if you could advise us if your child(ren) will not continue their schooling at Craigburn next year. If this is the case, please contact the school via phone 8270 4144 or email. This does not include any current Year 6 students. Thank you.
Save the dates
- Sports Day – Friday 4th November – – Term 4 Week 3
- Craigburn’s 40th Birthday open afternoon / evening – Tuesday 15th November – Term 4 Week 5
- Celebration Night – Monday 12th December – Term 4 Week 9
- Year 6 Graduation – Wednesday 14th December – Term 4 Week 9
Remaining student free days for 2022
- Monday 17th October – Term 4 Week 1
- Friday 25th November – Term 4 Week 6
Hats back on!
- It’s time for students to be wearing their SunSmart hats during school hours as UV levels are reaching 3 and above for most days.
- Good idea to check that hats are labelled with your child’s name.
- Sapsasa Southern Heights Athletics Carnival
- Sports Day Captains 2022
- Aberfoyle Park High School Ignite Program 2024
- Griffin Aikido
- Visiting Author – Dr Cameron Stelzer, The Story Doctor
- Festival of Music Update
- Sports Day 2022
Term 3 and 4 – Key Dates
- Tuesday 13/9 – Sports Day Run Offs
- Friday 16/9 – Senior Choir – Festival of Music Performance
- Monday 19/9 – Governing Council
- Friday 30/9 – End of Term 3 – Early Dismissal 2.10pm
- Monday 17/10 – Student Free Day
- Tuesday 18/10 – First Day of Term
- Friday 28/10 – World Teachers Day, School Group Tour (9.15am)
- Monday 31/10 – Governing Council
- Friday 4/11 – Sports Day
- Friday 11/11 – Remembrance Day
- Tuesday 15/11 – Craigburn’s 40th Birthday Celebration – Open Afternoon / Evening
- Wednesday 16/11 – Reception Transition 1
- Wednesday 23/11 – Reception Transition 2
- Friday 25/11 – Student Free Day
- Monday 28/11 – Governing Council
- Wednesday 30/11 – Reception Transition 3
- Tuesday 6/12 – Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Monday 12/12 – Celebration Night
- Wednesday 14/12 – Year 6 Graduation
- Friday 16/12 – End of Term 4 – Early Dismissal