Craigburn Primary School – Celebrating 40 Years
We invite students, staff, families and friends – past and present, to join us in celebrating 40 years of school life at Craigburn on Tuesday evening, 15th November 2022.
Over the next few weeks leading up to and preparing for the evening, we will be connecting with former students, staff and families to gather artefacts of school life back through the decades – 80s, 90s, 00s, and 10s.
We would love to hear from any former students, staff and families who may like to contribute any school artefacts (eg photos, memorabilia) for us to display. If you can assist in any way, please contact us via email or phone 82704144
Please check in with the flyer below and to register your attendance please visit the Eventbrite registration page.
World Teachers Day – Friday 28 October
On the last Friday of October every year, Australia celebrates World Teachers’ Day.
World Teachers’ Day (Australia) is an opportunity to give thanks and show appreciation to the teachers in our lives.
Teachers play such an important role in our school community and have been an incredible support to students and families, particularly during such a challenging year.
We are very fortunate to have such a committed team of teachers at Craigburn who come to school every day to make a difference in the lives of the young people they teach.
On Friday in Australia, we celebrate the teaching profession and encourage students and families in our community to celebrate our teachers. A simple message of thanks or appreciation can really make a teacher’s day.
We welcome families to join us for the 2022 Craigburn Primary School Sports Day on Friday 4th November.
The students are excited about representing their house teams in what should be a fun-filled day.
Please check in with the latest Sports Day post for more information.
To Note / Friendly Reminders
- Student Free Day Reminder – Friday 26 November
- Reception Transition Days for our 2023 Reception Intake will occur on Wednesdays of Weeks 5, 6 and 7, being the 16th, 23rd and 30th of November.
- Leaving Craigburn in 2023? Aside from Year 6 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2023, please inform the front office. This will help us with our forward planning for the 2023 school year. Thank you.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / caregiver. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
- Please keep the school informed of any recent changes to your contact details. Thank you.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Sports Day 2022
- Royal Life Saving SA Holiday Swim Program
- School Photos 2022
- Second Hand Uniform Shop Update
- Material and Services Charge for 2023
- Craigburn’s Got Talent 2022
- $5 – Sports Day Coloured T-Shirts!
- Lost Property Collection
Term 4 Planner
Current as of Sunday 23 October 2022
- 3.30pm Friends of Craigburn Meeting
- 5.45pm Canteen Committee Meeting
- 6.30pm OSHC Committee Meeting
- Receptions Incursion – Animals Anonymous
- 5.30pm Environment Committee Meeting
- World Teachers Day
- School Tour (9.15am for Prospective Families)
- Year 1 Excursion
- 6.30pm Governing Council Meeting
- Melbourne Cup Day
- Sports Day
- Remembrance Day
- Craigburn’s 40th Birthday Celebration – Open Afternoon / Evening
- Reception Transition 1 Visit
- Year 5/6 North Terrace Excursion
- Reception Transition 2 Visit
- Living Kaurna Excursion
- Student Free Day – staff working onsite – OSHC open
- Year 5/6 AFL Max excursion
- 6.30pm Governing Council Meeting
- Reception Transition 3 Visit
- Jam Band Incursion (Performing Arts)
- Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Celebration Night Rehearsal
- Celebration Night
- End of Year Student Reports
- Students visit new classes for 2023
- Year 6 Graduation – Capri Theatre Goodwood
- Year 6 Day Out – Lunch Excursion
- End of Term 4 – 2.10pm Early Dismissal