Thank you to all students, staff and families who contributed to the great success of our Sports Day. We loved seeing our community embrace and enjoy the day – a terrific turnout in perfect weather conditions. Congratulations to Woodforde, winning the sports day shield for the second year in a row, with Fraser, Riley and Bradman finishing closely behind.
A special acknowledgement to Karen Pettman for coordinating the day and attending to all levels of organisation, along with the sports day committee, canteen staff and parent volunteers for their combined efforts to make the day a successful one. Funds raised will go towards a new fridge for the school canteen. A mention and acknowledgement too, to the families who helped stay behind and clean and pack up equipment – thank you.
We would like to commend all students who came along dressed in their house team colours, and participated with such positive team spirit. A big ‘shout out’ to the house team leaders for their excellent leadership of their teams over recent weeks and on the day. They worked collaboratively and enthusiastically to prepare and rehearse the health hustle and team chants, which provided high levels of motivation for their team members, as well as arriving at school early on Friday to set up for the day.
40th Birthday Week Celebrations
As shared previously, current students and families are invited to join former members of our school community for our 40th Birthday Open Evening Tuesday evening, 15th November 2022.
Please check in with the flyer below and to register your attendance please visit the Eventbrite registration page.
We would love to hear from any former students, staff and families who may like to contribute any school artefacts (eg photos, memorabilia) for us to display. If you can assist in any way, please contact us via email or phone 82704144
There will be a number of food trucks set up in the lower court area with a variety of food and refreshment options.
The program will be finalised this week and shared with families.
- Commencing Monday 14 November, all students and staff will receive a commemorative pin / badge to wear throughout the week.
- Craigburn 40th Birthday Celebration Donuts – To celebrate Craigburn Primary School’s 40th Birthday, the canteen is holding a special Donut Day on Tuesday 15th November. Donuts will be chocolate iced with blue and yellow sprinkles and will be delivered to classrooms at recess time. If you require a gluten free option, please contact the Front Office so that this can be arranged. Please Note: This option will not be available via Qkr! Cost per donut is $3:50 and orders can only be made via Qkr! The last day to order is Wednesday 9 November by no later than 10am. no late orders can be accepted.
- A whole school photo and assembly is also planned for Thursday 17 November.
- Save the date – The Friends of Craigburn (parent engagement team) have planned a Disco for Friday evening 18th November. More details to follow.
Year 1 teacher, Pearl Somerset, finishes up teaching duties this week, before taking maternity leave for the remainder of the year and the 2023 school year. We thank Pearl for teaching the Year 1 class in E23 throughout the year and extend our best wishes to her and partner, Shae, for the safe arrival of their newborn. Sophie McDonald and Amy Bennett, will share teaching duties in E23 from next Monday through to the end of the year.
Dates to Remember
- Tuesday 8 November – Craigburn’s Got Talent auditions
- Tuesday 15 November – 40th Birthday Open Evening
- Friday 18 November – Student Disco
- Friday 25 November – Student Free Day
- Reception Transition Days for our 2023 Reception Intake will occur on Wednesdays of Weeks 5, 6 and 7, being the 16th, 23rd and 30th of November
To Note / Friendly Reminders
- Leaving Craigburn in 2023? Aside from Year 6 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2023, please inform the front office. This will help us with our forward planning for the 2023 school year. Thank you.
- Please keep the school informed of any recent changes to your contact details. Thank you.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / caregiver. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice)
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Sapsasa News
- Festival of Music Update
- Royal Life Saving SA Holiday Swim Program
- Material and Services Charge for 2023
- Craigburn’s Got Talent 2022
Term 4 Planner
Current as of Sunday 6 November 2022
- 6.30pm Governing Council Meeting
- Sapsasa Cricket
- Remembrance Day
- Craigburn’s 40th Birthday Celebration – Open Afternoon / Evening
- Reception Transition 1 Visit
- Year 5/6 North Terrace Excursion
- Reception Transition 2 Visit
- Living Kaurna Excursion
- Student Free Day – staff working onsite – OSHC open
- Year 5/6 AFL Max excursion
- 6.30pm Governing Council Meeting
- Reception Transition 3 Visit
- Jam Band Incursion (Performing Arts)
- Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Celebration Night Rehearsal
- Celebration Night
- Reception to Year 2 Fun Day
- End of Year Student Reports
- Students visit new classes for 2023
- Year 6 Graduation – Capri Theatre Goodwood
- Year 6 Day Out – Lunch Excursion
- End of Term 4 – 2.10pm Early Dismissal