It was a privilege to have Ms Di Pepper, Craigburn’s first teacher librarian, visit Craigburn last week and talk so passionately to our students at a whole school assembly. Di, who made the long journey from Queensland, recounted and shared her experiences of our school’s opening year, 40 years ago, way back in 1982. Students listened and watched attentively to Di’s presentation and were in awe of the original photos and movie footage of the school. A special mention to former Craigburn parent, Alice, who made the lovely celebration cake and Bertie’s Biscuits for the tasty cookies. Well done and thanks to our student leaders who were fabulous assembly comperes. It has been great to see students wearing their 40th year celebration pin to school.
We understand that the many former and current families were excited to be attending our special open evening last Tuesday. Unfortunately, the loss of power to the school prevented us from going ahead with the evening. We are looking to incorporate elements of the 40th birthday open evening into our end of year celebration night.
We trust students (who attended) enjoyed the school disco on Friday afternoon and evening. Special thanks to the Friends of Craigburn (parent engagement team) for their organisation as well as the extra parents and staff who helped on the evening.
Last Wednesday, we welcomed our new receptions starters and families for 2023, who continue their visits over the next 2 Wednesdays. A special welcome to all new families.
Reminder – Student Free Day – Friday 26th November
We remind families that our final student free day is this Friday 25th November. On this day, teachers and support staff will be reviewing our learning improvement priorities and planning for 2023. A reminder that our OSHC service will be open.
End of Year Reports
At this time of the term, teachers are writing end of year student reports. As part of the reporting process, teachers work with year level team colleagues to moderate and discuss student assessments to ensure consistency of teacher judgement when reporting A-E grades (Years 1 -6) for subject areas within the Australian Curriculum. Reports will be handed out on Wednesday 14 December.
Class Placement Update
As shared in the recent post, the class placement process is a complex and time-consuming one, involving multiple factors. Students will be informed of their class placement on Wednesday 14 December, when they visit their new class for 2023 after Recess. On the same day, parents / carers will be informed via a class placement letter along with their child’s end of year report.
Celebration Night – Monday 12 December
We are very much looking forward to our first Celebration Night since 2019, on Monday 12 December, when our community joins together to enjoy song and dance performances as well as end of year presentations and farewells.
Please save the date, and stay tuned for further details.
Last Day of the School Year – Friday 16 December – Early Dismissal – 2.10pm
As per the department’s policy regarding early dismissals, schools are only able to dismiss students up to one hour prior to normal dismissal. This means that on our last school day of the year, Friday 16 December, students will be dismissed at 2.10pm.
Last Week’s Wrap – M and S Polling Letter
If needed, please check in with last week’s wrap which included information re Material and Services Charges – Polling Letter, which families should have received last week. Please return the tear-off slip to indicate your approval by no later than 4.00pm on Thursday 24 November. Thank you.
Please come into school and check the lost property tubs outside in the main hallway adjacent to the canteen. They are overflowing with jumpers, hats, lunchboxes and drink bottles.
Students must wear a school hat (broad brimmed or legionnaire style) when outside in the yard at play times and outdoor lessons. Hats can be purchased via the Finance Office. Students who do not have a hat are asked to play in a shaded area of the school during play times.
To Note / Friendly Reminders
- Leaving Craigburn in 2023? Aside from Year 6 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2023, please inform the front office. This will help us with our forward planning for the 2023 school year. Thank you.
- Please keep the school informed of any recent changes to your contact details. Thank you.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / caregiver. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Parent Information – Class Structure and Student Placement for 2023
- Sapsasa News
- Festival of Music Update
- Royal Life Saving SA Holiday Swim Program
- Material and Services Charge for 2023
Term 4 Planner
Current as of Sunday 20 November 2022
- Year 5/6 North Terrace Excursion
- 3.30pm Friends of Craigburn Meeting
- 4.30pm Canteen Meeting
- 5:30pm OSHC Meeting
- Reception Transition 2 Visit
- Year 5/6 Living Kaurna Excursion
- Student Free Day – staff working onsite – OSHC open
- Year 5/6 AFL Max excursion
- 6.30pm Governing Council Meeting
- Reception Transition 3 Visit
- Jam Band Incursion (Performing Arts)
- Craigburn’s Got Talent
- Celebration Night Rehearsal
- Celebration Night
- Reception to Year 2 Fun Day
- End of Year Student Reports
- Students visit new classes for 2023
- Year 6 Graduation – Capri Theatre Goodwood
- Year 6 Day Out – Lunch Excursion
- End of Term 4 – 2.10pm Early Dismissal