Dear Families, thank you for taking the time to read through this week’s wrap.
Craigburn’s Got Talent
We are all looking forward to Craigburn’s Got Talent on Tuesday 6th December. We have many talented students at Craigburn, who have been rehearsing and refining their acts.
Volunteers Morning Tea
On Thursday morning 8th December from 10.50am in the school hall, we look forward to sharing a Thank You Volunteers Morning Tea, where we say thank you to all parents, caregivers and friends who have volunteered to support the school throughout the year. Our school and children greatly benefit from the wonderful support we receive. For catering purposes please click here to register your attendance. or contact the front office via phone 82704144 or email.
Year 6 Graduation
At this time of the year, we prepare to say farewell to our graduating year 6 students. The graduation ceremony will take place on Wednesday 14th December at the Capri Theatre, Goodwood (Invitations emailed to families). This is a special time for students, staff and families where we acknowledge and celebrate the graduating students of 2022.
SRC Casual Day Fundraiser –Boardies Day
Our Student Representative Council (SRC) has planned our final casual day fundraiser for the year, to be held on Friday 9th December. Please check in with the details here.
Salvation Army Giving Tree
We hope you will be able to support Craigburn Primary School in the collection of gifts and food for the Salvation Army Christmas Appeal. There is a Christmas tree in the library for you to place your donations, or please drop them into the front office. Further details here.
Thank you to the families who have already donated items for our Celebration Night Christmas Raffle. Please see attached flyer for more details: Christmas-Raffle-Donations
We are very much looking forward to our community coming together for Celebration Night, the first time since 2019, on Monday 12th December, commencing at 6.30pm.
Celebration Night is about celebrating the end of the school year through song and dance performances from all classes and an opportunity for us to acknowledge and thank our students, staff and parent community for their support throughout the year. The school choir will be leading the singing of a number of Christmas carols as part of the evening festivities. On the Night we also extend our best wishes and say farewell to the graduating year 6 students and families.
Please note the following details:
- Students are required to be at their classrooms by no later than 6.00pm where they will then be ushered to the oval by their teachers at 6.15pm in readiness for a 6.30pm start.
- Class teachers will provide families with information regarding dress / costumes.
- Families and friends are encouraged to arrive early to find a suitable spot on the oval banks facing the oval where the performances will take place. Many families choose to bring along picnic style tea.
- We ask that students have a snack / bite to eat prior to 6:00pm, as the performance will finish at approximately 7:45pm. Students can bring a water bottle with them to keep throughout the performances.
- The playground will be marked off – so younger / older siblings will need to sit with their families.
- Programs will be available on the night for a gold coin donation.
The Canteen will be running a sausage sizzle from 5.00pm for those needing a quick bite to eat. If you are able to volunteer to help run the sausage sizzle, please contact Bron or Sam at the front office.
A photo board will be on display under the main verandah with a timeline of showcasing our school’s rich history.
The Christmas Raffle will be drawn towards the end of the evening.
Performance Schedule – approximate times
6.00pm – Pre-concert entertainment
Students to be at their classes with teachers
6.30pm – Welcome / Opening – comperes (student leaders)
6.35pm – Reception item
6.45pm – Year 1 item
6.55pm – Year 2 item
7.05pm – Christmas Carols – Choir leading community singing
7.15pm – Year 3/4 item
7.25pm – Year 5 item
7.30pm – Year 6 Graduating students
7.35pm – Acknowledgements – Governing Council Chair– Katelyn Adams, Principal – Paul Luke
7.45pm – Christmas Raffle Drawn
7.50pm – Closing
With two weeks remaining, we are finalising our staffing allocation for 2023.
Each year brings about a change to our staff list with: new teacher appointments, teachers leaving / appointed to other sites, teachers returning from or taking leave, and teachers increasing / decreasing their fraction of time. There will also be a number of teachers working in a part-time capacity where classes will be shared.
We will be saying farewell to early years teacher Sonia Caruso, a central member of our reception team, who has been appointed to Flagstaff Hill Primary School for 2023.
Class Structure for 2023 – Class Placement Update
After much consideration, we have developed our class structure for 2023, which will be 17 classes from Reception to Year 6. This number (of classes) is based on our projected enrolments for the start of next year and meets the requirements of the department’s student centred funding model.
The class structure supports our ethos of teachers working in teams and smaller class sizes in the early years of schooling. As is the case in most schools, we will have a mixture of straight year level and composite classes due to the varying numbers of students across each year level.
Students will be informed of their placement on Wednesday 14th December, where they will visit their new class after Recess.
On the same day, parents / caregivers will be informed via a class placement letter along with their child’s end of year report. Parents / caregivers of children starting in reception will receive placement letters via email.
- We will not be in a position to move students. Moving a student from one class to another inevitably changes the environment of multiple class groupings and for this reason, we will not be in a position to move students.
- We respectfully ask that parents / caregivers do not approach current teachers regarding class placements for next year.
Material and Services Charge for 2023
Thank you to the families who responded to our Materials and Services charges poll for 2023.
Of the 96 responses received, 89 (93%) of parents voted in favour of approving the Governing Council’s proposal that the Materials & Service charge is set at $450 for the 2023 school year.
This means all parents and caregivers (excluding approved School Card holders) are liable for this charge.
Parents and caregivers will receive information about this when invoices are sent home at the start of the new school year.
End of Year Reports
At this time of the term, teachers are finalising end of year student reports. As part of the reporting process, teachers have been working with year level team colleagues to moderate and discuss student assessments to ensure consistency of teacher judgement when reporting A-E grades for subject areas within the Australian Curriculum. Reports will be sent home with students on Wednesday 14th December.
To Note / Friendly Reminders
- Leaving Craigburn in 2023? Aside from Year 6 students graduating at the end of this year – if your child will not be returning to Craigburn Primary School in 2023, please inform the front office. This will help us with our forward planning for the 2023 school year. Thank you.
- Please keep the school informed of any recent changes to your contact details. Thank you.
- School opens at 8.30am – students should not be on school grounds prior to this time unless supervised by a parent / caregiver. Similarly, after school, students should not be staying on grounds after school unless accompanied by an adult (and including sports practice).
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Boardies Casual Day Fundraiser- Friday 9 December 2022
- Salvation Army Christmas Appeal
- Lost Property Collection
- Commissioner’s Digital Challenge Success
- Christmas Raffle Donations
Term 4 Planner
Current as of Sunday 4 December 2022
- Tuesday 6/12
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – 11.30am
- Thursday 8/12
- Learner Achievement Assembly – 10.20am
- Volunteers Morning tea – 10.50am
- Friday 9/12
- Celebration Night Rehearsal – 9.10am
- SRC Casual Day – Boardies Day
- SRC Celebration Lunch – 12.30pm
- Monday 12/12
- Celebration Night Rehearsal 9.10am
- Celebration Night 6.30pm (Students / teachers in rooms at 6.00pm)
- Tuesday 13/12
- R-2 Fun Day
- Wednesday 14/12
- End of Year Student Reports sent home
- Students visit new classes for 2023 – placement letters sent home
- Year 6 Graduation – Capri Theatre Goodwood
- Thursday 15/12
- Year 6 Excursion / Lunch
- Friday 16/12
- End of Year Assembly – 12.20pm
- End of Term 4 Early Dismissal 2.10pm