We are looking forward to seeing everyone on Monday evening, 13th February, for our annual Acquaintance Evening.
Acquaintance Evening is a great opportunity for students to take a lead role in sharing their new learning spaces with their parents, and of course to meet with teachers and school staff.
Families are welcome to visit classrooms and specialist learning areas from 5.30pm. If you have more than one child at the school, please ensure you give yourself enough time to visit multiple areas.
The sausage sizzle (gluten free / vegan options / drinks), located on the bottom court, will be available from 5.00pm. Members of our Governing Council will be serving, so please come and say hello. Proceeds of the sausage sizzle will support the ongoing service of our school canteen.
The Front Office will be open from 5.30pm, so please visit if would like to make payments, purchase school hats/bags or drop off any forms.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Midway in 2022 the Governing Council convened a new canteen committee. The committee consists of members of the Governing Council, interested parents, school staff and the Canteen Manager, Sue. The committee provides support to the Canteen Manager and ensures there is a good supply of reasonably priced, healthy food in line with the Right Bite Healthy Food and Drink Supply Strategy.
Growth and Development Evening – Tuesday 21st February
A reminder that Craigburn Primary School will be hosting a Growth & Development Family Evening on Tuesday 21st February.
There will be two sessions run on the evening, covering the following topics:
- Session 1: ‘Where Did We Come From’ (suitable for Year 2 to Year 4 students)
- Commences at 6.40pm and concludes at 7.30pm
- Session 2: ‘What’s Happening To Us” (suitable for Year 5 to 6 students)
- Commences at 7.40pm and concludes at 8.30pm
At the end of each session, a list of recommended and age–appropriate books for both students and parents will be provided or alternatively they can be downloaded from the KidzBiz website.
Please check in with the recent post Growth and Development – Family Evening – Tuesday 21st February for further information.
To register your attendance please:
- complete and submit the Google Form – clink link
- or contact the front office via email or phone 82704144
Student Free Day – Friday 10 March
Each year, the Department requires schools to schedule 4 student free days and 1 school closure day.
Student free days are used for staff training and development days aligned with our learning improvement priorities.
We can announce the first student free day for 2023, endorsed by the Governing Council, is scheduled for Friday 10 March, leading into the Adelaide Cup long weekend. On this day teaching staff will be undertaking professional learning in the area of Numeracy / Mathematics. Key focus areas will be on instructional teaching, problem solving and assessment practices.
Many of our students have been busy preparing their speeches ready for delivery to their peers on Tuesday 14th February. We wish all our students the best and would like to congratulate them in advance for putting themselves forward as it takes a lot of courage to speak in front of an audience.
Take Home Packs
Last week you should have received start of the year ‘take home packs’ in an envelope, containing:
- Materials and Services Charge with payment information and options.
- Student Personal Data form – optional – please only complete and return if your details have changed
- Media Consent Form Update – please only complete and return
Please note – the Front Office will be open from 5.30pm on Monday for Acquaintance Evening – feel free to visit to pay your school fees, return forms, or purchase a school hat / bag.
Department for Education – Parent and Student Survey
You may have read about the work being undertaken by the Department for Education to revisit and redefine the purpose of education in South Australia. Martin Westwell, the Department’s Chief Executive, would like to hear from you and your child/ren about your views on how public education can support young people for the future, including what you think are the most important aspects and outcomes of public education.
Please see the attached letter further below, with links to the parent and student surveys to express your views.
After School Sport – 2023
A reminder to please check in with the recent post, After School Sport – 2023, to register your child’s interest in playing school support this year.
This year the National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) for year 3, 5, 7 and 9 takes place from Wednesday 15 March to Monday 27 March.
As per the recent post, Craigburn will again be participating in NAPLAN Online. All assessments will be done online by students, apart from Year 3 Writing which will continue in the paper based form.
Volunteering at Craigburn
We are pleased to welcome back many volunteering opportunities at Craigburn. If you would like to register your interest in volunteering please read the information on the Department’s page on Volunteers and communicate your interest to us via the front office.
For any questions please contact the front office.
You might have heard about the recent COVID-19 outbreak at Blackwood High School, where students and staff have now been advised to wear masks for a short period of time to prevent further cases occurring. A reminder to:
- keep your child home if they are unwell or if they have cold or flu-like symptoms and get tested for COVID-19.
- please advise the school as soon as possible, if your child has tested positive to COVID-19, and stay at home until all symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, cough and fever) have cleared.
- Southern Heights Sapsasa Swimming Carnival
- All Girls Cricket Blast Program
- Canteen News
- After School Sport 2023
- National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) – 2023
- Student Leaders – 2023
- School Sport SA – Sapsasa Information 2023
- Growth and Development – Family Evening – Tuesday 21st February
- School Cricket is back for 2023!
- Student Wellbeing Leader News
- Acquaintance Evening – Monday 13 February – 2023
- IGNITE at Aberfoyle Park High School
Term 1 Planner
We are finalising our Term 1 and Yearly Planner. In the interim, please save the dates for the following events:
- Acquaintance Night – Monday 13 February
- Growth and Development Parent Evening – Tuesday 21 February
- Student Free Day – Friday 10 March
- NAPLAN starts – Years 3 and 5 – Wednesday 15 March
- Year 3-5 Swimming – from Monday 27 March, Reception-Year 2 Swimming – from Monday 1 May
- Year 6 Aquatics – Tuesday 28 March
- Sports Day returns to Term 1 – Thursday 6 April