We would like to express our gratitude for your presence at our acquaintance evening last Monday. Your attendance and support made the evening a great success. It was especially pleasing to see high levels of engagement of students taking the lead, and sharing their learning spaces. Parent engagement and participation are essential to creating a strong and supportive school community. Thank you again for coming along, we look forward to further whole school community gatherings throughout the year.
Student Representative Council (SRC) and Senior Student Leader Roles
We would like to acknowledge and thank all students who recently applied for a student leader role, presenting speeches to their respective peers. We received an overwhelming number of applications and were thoroughly impressed by the enthusiasm and dedication demonstrated by each and every student.
Unfortunately, not every student could be elected to a SRC and senior leader role. While not being elected can be a disappointing experience, there will be many other opportunities for students to participate in projects and activities throughout the school year, and make a difference to our school.
Students who were successful in their applications and elected as SRC and senior student leaders, will participate in a Leader’s Training day on Tuesday. The Leader’s Training Day will help students learn the skills required in preparation for their role, focusing on the responsibilities of a leader, leadership qualities, cooperation and teamwork, and setting goals for the year ahead.
A presentation assembly will be held on Friday 24th February at 12.15pm where all student leaders will be presented with their leader’s badge and certificate. Families are invited to attend.
School Group Tours – Registration of Interest for 2024
We have scheduled the following dates for school group tours to commence this year. School group tours allow prospective school families to learn more about the learning programs offered at Craigburn by hearing from the leadership team and taking a tour of the school.
Please book a tour via our website or through the front office by phone or email.
School Tour dates for 2023
- Friday 24 February
- Thursday 23 March
- Wednesday 5 April
- Friday 12 May
- Wednesday 7 June
- Friday 30 June
- Friday 28 July
All tours commence at 9.15am through to 10.30am.
- Registration of Interest forms to register interest in enrolling your child/ren for 2024 can be obtained through the front office by phone or email.
- Families residing within the Craigburn Primary School zone and / or who have a child/ren currently enrolled at Craigburn are given priority placement.
- Families must use the ‘Find a School’ link on the department website to determine their zoned school.
- Proof of residential address must be required prior to enrolment being offered.
- Registrations of Interest are only accepted for 2024.
Annual General Meeting – Monday 20 March – 2023
We invite and welcome parents to come along to our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Monday 20 March in the Library commencing at 6:30pm and concluding at 8.00pm. Prior to the meeting, light refreshments and nibbles will be available from 6:00pm. Crèche facilities will be available.
The AGM is a great opportunity for parents to come together with the Governing Council, Leadership team and staff to share in our school’s achievements and highlights of 2022.
The AGM also serves as an opportunity for parents to nominate for the 2023 Governing Council and / or participate on one of many sub-committees which provide support and direction for a range of school activities enabling us to further build and maintain a strong community culture.
Please stay tuned for further details.
Growth and Development Evening – Tuesday 21st February
A friendly reminder that Craigburn Primary School will be hosting a Growth & Development Family Evening in the school library on Tuesday 21st February.
There will be two sessions run on the evening, covering the following topics:
- Session 1: ‘Where Did We Come From’ (suitable for Year 2 to Year 4 students)
- Commences at 6.40pm and concludes at 7.30pm
- Session 2: ‘What’s Happening To Us” (suitable for Year 5 to 6 students)
- Commences at 7.40pm and concludes at 8.30pm
At the end of each session, a list of recommended and age–appropriate books for both students and parents will be provided or alternatively they can be downloaded from the KidzBiz website
Please check in with the recent post Growth and Development – Family Evening – Tuesday 21st February for further information.
To register your attendance please:
- complete and submit the Google Form – clink link
- or contact the front office via email or phone 82704144
Student Free Day – Friday 10 March
Each year, the Department requires schools to schedule 4 student free days and 1 school closure day.
Student free days are important staff training and development days aligned with our learning improvement priorities.
We can announce the first student free day for 2023, endorsed by the Governing Council, is scheduled for Friday 10 March, leading into the Adelaide Cup long weekend. On this day teaching staff will be undertaking professional learning in the area of Numeracy / Mathematics. Key focus areas will be on instructional teaching, problem solving and assessment practices.
The Governing Council will be endorsing the remaining 3 student free days and 1 school closure at their next meeting.
After School Sport – 2023
A reminder to please check in with the recent post, After School Sport – 2023, to register your child’s interest in playing school support this year.
This year the National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) for year 3, 5, 7 and 9 takes place from Wednesday 15 March to Monday 27 March. As per the recent post, Craigburn will again be participating in NAPLAN Online. All assessments will be done online by students, apart from Year 3 Writing which will continue in the paper based form.
Students in Years 3 and 5 will participate in the practice test on Tuesday 28 February.
Volunteering at Craigburn
We are pleased to welcome back many volunteering opportunities at Craigburn. If you would like to register your interest in volunteering please read the information on the Department’s page on Volunteers and communicate your interest to us via the front office.
For any questions please contact the front office.
You might have heard about the recent COVID-19 outbreak at Blackwood High School, where students and staff have now been advised to wear masks for a short period of time to prevent further cases occurring. A reminder to:
- keep your child home if they are unwell or if they have cold or flu-like symptoms and get tested for COVID-19.
- please advise the school as soon as possible, if your child has tested positive to COVID-19, and stay at home until all symptoms (sore throat, runny nose, cough and fever) have cleared.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Non Education Service Providers – Parent Information
- OSHC Service – Open for Student Free Day
- Jordan is a Rising Star on Ice!
- CANTEEN NEWS! NEW ADDITION TO MENU – SUSHI
- 2023 Craigburn Choir
- Southern Heights Sapsasa Swimming Carnival
- All Girls Cricket Blast Program
- Canteen News
- After School Sport 2023
- National Assessment Program Literacy and Numeracy (NAPLAN) – 2023
- School Sport SA – Sapsasa Information 2023
- Growth and Development – Family Evening – Tuesday 21st February
Term 1 Planner – Dates to Note
Please save the dates for the following events:
- Governing Council Meeting – Monday 20 February
- Growth and Development Parent Evening – Tuesday 21 February
- School Tour – Friday 24 February
- Student Leaders Presentation Assembly – Friday 24 February
- NAPLAN Practice Test – Tuesday 28 February
- Student Free Day – Friday 10 March
- NAPLAN starts – Years 3 and 5 – Wednesday 15 March
- Annual General Meeting – Monday 20 March
- Year 3-5 Swimming – from Monday 27 March, Reception-Year 2 Swimming – from Monday 1 May
- Year 6 Aquatics – Tuesday 28 March
- Sports Day returns to Term 1 – Thursday 6 April – early dismissal 2.10pm
- End of Term – Friday 14 April – early dismissal 2.10pm