We hope everyone enjoyed some quality family time over the long weekend. Our staff were appreciative of the opportunity to engage in high quality professional learning in mathematics / numeracy.
We are looking forward to the week ahead and wish our Year 3 and 5 students all the best in their upcoming NAPLAN tests.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
We are pleased to announce our upcoming student-led conferences, where students will take the lead in sharing their learning over the first term.
Student-led conferences are a great opportunity for students to reflect on their progress and showcase their achievements to their parents and teachers. Unlike traditional parent-teacher conferences, where the teacher takes the lead in discussing a student’s progress, student-led conferences put the student at the forefront. With teacher support, students will prepare for their conference, by highlighting their learning and achievements, as well as identifying areas for improvement.
These conferences will take place in Weeks 9 and 10 – from Monday 27 March through to Wednesday 4 April and we encourage all parents to attend. This is an excellent opportunity for parents to see their child’s growth and development over the past term, as well as to understand their child’s learning goals.
Again this year we will be using an online booking system (School Interviews) that makes booking a conference time more streamlined.
Please stay tuned for details.
NAPLAN – Years 3 and 5
NAPLAN begins this Wednesday 15th March with the Writing test. Year 3 students will undertake their test at 9.15am and Year 5 students will commence their test at 11.30am. Students who are unable to sit the Writing test on Wednesday only have the provision to catch up on Thursday.
Following on from the writing tests students will continue to undertake further assessments. The remaining of the tests are scheduled on the following days:
- Thursday 16th March, students will sit the Reading test,
- Monday 20th March – Language and Conventions
- Tuesday 21st March – Numeracy
Please ensure your child attends school on these dates, after a good night’s sleep and healthy breakfast in the morning.
This year catch up days for students, who were absent on a test day will continue into the next week.
Information for NAPLAN parents and carers
Information about withdrawal from the test(s)
Withdrawals are intended to address issues such as religious beliefs and philosophical objections to testing. Participation by all students is expected; however, in certain circumstances students may be withdrawn from the testing program by their parent/carer. Ultimately, this is a decision for parents/carers but is best done in collaboration with the school. If you wish to withdraw your child, a request form must be submitted by Tuesday 14th March. Request forms are available at the front office.
Harmony Day Biscuits
The canteen is helping to celebrate Harmony Day (Tuesday 21st March) with special Harmony Day biscuits available for purchase. Orange iced, person shaped biscuit – $3.00 each. Delivered to classrooms for recess.Orders can be made via Qkr! LAST DAY TO PAY – Tuesday 14th March by 9.00am. No Late Orders Can Be Accepted
Annual General Meeting
We invite and welcome parents to our Annual General Meeting (AGM) on Monday 20 March, in the Library commencing at 6:30pm and concluding at 8.00pm. Prior to the meeting, light refreshments and nibbles will be available from 6:00pm. Crèche facilities will also be available.
The AGM is a great opportunity for parents to come together with the Governing Council, Leadership team and staff to share in our school’s achievements and highlights of the previous school year.
The AGM also serves as an opportunity for parents to nominate for the 2023 Governing Council and / or nominate for one of many sub-committees. Sub-committees provide support and direction for a range of school activities enabling us to further build and maintain a strong community culture.
Further details here.
After School Sports Update
Sports Coordinators will soon be meeting to coordinate the winter seasons of netball and soccer. A reminder – to nominate your child/ren in playing after school sports, please complete and submit the attached player nomination form.
Volunteering at Craigburn
We are pleased to welcome back many volunteering opportunities at Craigburn. If you would like to register your interest in volunteering please read the information on the Department’s page on Volunteers and communicate your interest to us via the front office.
For any questions please contact the front office.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Swimming 2023
- Second Hand Uniform Shop SALE!!
- Finance News
- Annual General Meeting – 2023
- Second Hand Uniform Shop – SPORTS DAY T-SHIRTS
- CANTEEN NEWS – Harmony Day Biscuits – Tuesday 21st March
- Sibling Reception Enrolments 2024
- Seaview High School – School Information Brochure
Term Planner – Dates to Note
Please save the dates for the following events:
- NAPLAN Practice Test – Tuesday 28 February
- Student Free Day – Friday 10 March
- NAPLAN starts – Years 3 and 5 – Wednesday 15 March
- Annual General Meeting – Monday 20 March
- Harmony Day – Tuesday 21 March
- Year 3-5 Swimming – from Monday 27 March
- Student-led Conferences begin – Monday 27 March
- Year 6 Aquatics – Tuesday 28 March
- School Disco – Friday 24 March
- Student-led Conferences – Monday 27 March – Wednesday 5 April
- Sports Day returns to Term 1 – Thursday 6 April – early dismissal 2.10pm
- Student Free Day – Tuesday 11 April
- End of Term – Friday 14 April – Early Dismissal
- Swimming Week Reception Year 2 – Monday 1 – Friday 5 May
- Mother’s Day Stall – Thursday 11 May
- Mother’s Day Breakfast – Friday 12 May
- Southern Heights Cross Country – Tuesday 16 May
- Walk 2 School Safely Day – Friday 19 May
- National Sorry Day – Friday 26 May
- Reconciliation Week – Monday 29 May
- Monarch’s Official Birthday – Public Holiday – Monday 12 June
- End of Term – Friday 7 July – Early Dismissal
- School Photos – Tuesday 15 August
- Book Week Parade – Friday 25 August
- Father’s Day Stall – Wednesday 30 August
- Father’s Day Breakfast – Thursday 31 August
- Student Free Day – Friday 1 September
- School Closure Day – Monday 4 September
- Premier’s Challenges End – Friday 8 September
- RUOK Day – Thursday 14 September
- End of Term – Friday 29 September – Early Dismissal
- World Teachers Day – Friday 27 October
- Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 7 November
- Remembrance Day – School – Friday 10 November
- Reception Transition 1 – Wednesday 15 November
- Reception Transition 2 – Wednesday 22 November
- Student Free Day – Friday 24 November
- Reception Transition 3 – Wednesday 29 November
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – Tuesday 5 December
- Celebration Night – Monday 11 December
- Year 6 Graduation – Wednesday 13 December