As we approach Harmony Day, it is important to reflect on the significance of the day and the role it plays in promoting inclusivity and cultural diversity in our school and wider community.
This year’s theme, ‘Everyone Belongs’, highlights the importance of creating a sense of belonging for everyone, regardless of their cultural or ethnic background.
Buddy classes have been working together to raise awareness and promote cultural understanding among our community, with special thanks to Mrs Mackay and our SRC leaders for initiating activities. Look out for the transformation of the school’s front fence this week.
A reminder that students are invited to either dress up in orange or come to school dressed in their family’s national attire / costume on Tuesday. Details here.
Another friendly reminder too, that we would like to finish compiling a cookbook of recipes that highlight the cultural diversity of Craigburn Primary School. Again, to complete this task, families are invited to contribute one recipe, celebrating their cultural background. When emailing through the recipe, please include the origin/country of the recipe, and a brief description outlining the significance of the dish or any relevant details.
Best wishes to all for the week ahead.
Annual General Meeting
A reminder that our Annual General Meeting (AGM) is set for Monday evening, in the Library commencing at 6:30pm and concluding at 8.00pm. Prior to the meeting, light refreshments and nibbles will be available from 6:00pm. Crèche facilities will also be available.
The AGM is a great opportunity for parents to come together with members of the Governing Council, leadership team and staff to share in our school’s achievements and highlights of the previous school year. The AGM also serves as an opportunity for parents to nominate for the 2023 Governing Council and / or nominate for one of many sub-committees.
Further details here.
NAPLAN – Years 3 and 5
NAPLAN tests continue this week with the Language and Conventions test on Monday and the Numeracy test on Tuesday.
We are looking forward to holding our first school disco for the year on Friday evening. The theme is ‘ Come in your favourite sports gear.’ The Reception disco will be held at lunchtime on the same day. Thank you to parents who have offered to volunteer – if you can help out please contact the front office.
Student-Led Conference booking times for Weeks 9 and 10 can be accessed through the online School Interviews booking system – from Monday 27 March through to Wednesday 5 April. Please follow the steps outlined in the student-led conferences post to book a conference time with your child/ren’s teacher/s. A hard copy note was sent home with students last Friday.
Earlier this month, seven Craigburn students participated in the Southern Heights Swimming Carnival at Marion Outdoor Pool. The students swam in 50m events in a combination of freestyle, backstroke and breaststroke. It was the first time these students participated in a Sapsasa Swimming Carnival and they are all to be congratulated on their efforts throughout the day.
After School Sports
A reminder – to nominate your child/ren in playing after school sports, please complete and submit the attached player nomination form.
Volunteering at Craigburn
We are pleased to welcome back many volunteering opportunities at Craigburn. If you would like to register your interest in volunteering please read the information on the Department’s page on Volunteers and communicate your interest to us via the front office.
For any questions please contact the front office.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Student-Led Conferences – Bookings
- Cross Country Update
- Harmony Day – Tuesday 21 March 2023
- School Student Disco – Friday 24 March 2023
- Swimming 2023
- Second Hand Uniform Shop SALE!!
- Finance News
- Annual General Meeting – 2023
Term Planner – Dates to Note
Please save the dates for the following events:
- NAPLAN Practice Test – Tuesday 28 February
- Student Free Day – Friday 10 March
- NAPLAN starts – Years 3 and 5 – Wednesday 15 March
- Annual General Meeting – Monday 20 March
- Harmony Day – Tuesday 21 March
- Year 3-5 Swimming – from Monday 27 March
- Student-led Conferences begin – Monday 27 March
- Year 6 Aquatics – Tuesday 28 March
- School Disco – Friday 24 March
- Student-led Conferences – Monday 27 March – Wednesday 5 April
- Sports Day returns to Term 1 – Thursday 6 April – early dismissal 2.10pm
- Student Free Day – Tuesday 11 April
- End of Term – Friday 14 April – Early Dismissal
- Swimming Week Reception Year 2 – Monday 1 – Friday 5 May
- Mother’s Day Stall – Thursday 11 May
- Mother’s Day Breakfast – Friday 12 May
- Southern Heights Cross Country – Tuesday 16 May
- Walk 2 School Safely Day – Friday 19 May
- National Sorry Day – Friday 26 May
- Reconciliation Week – Monday 29 May
- Monarch’s Official Birthday – Public Holiday – Monday 12 June
- End of Term – Friday 7 July – Early Dismissal
- School Photos – Tuesday 15 August
- Book Week Parade – Friday 25 August
- Father’s Day Stall – Wednesday 30 August
- Father’s Day Breakfast – Thursday 31 August
- Student Free Day – Friday 1 September
- School Closure Day – Monday 4 September
- Premier’s Challenges End – Friday 8 September
- RUOK Day – Thursday 14 September
- End of Term – Friday 29 September – Early Dismissal
- World Teachers Day – Friday 27 October
- Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 7 November
- Remembrance Day – School – Friday 10 November
- Reception Transition 1 – Wednesday 15 November
- Reception Transition 2 – Wednesday 22 November
- Student Free Day – Friday 24 November
- Reception Transition 3 – Wednesday 29 November
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – Tuesday 5 December
- Celebration Night – Monday 11 December
- Year 6 Graduation – Wednesday 13 December