We remind all parents, carers, extended families and friends of the importance of road safety and parking around our school, especially at peak periods in the morning and afternoon when children are arriving and leaving school.
Last Thursday afternoon there was an incident at the school crossing on Murray Hill Rd in which a motorist drove in an unsafe manner and was verbally abusive. This was distressing for those who witnessed the incident, with the matter reported to the SA Police.
The crossing at our school can be very busy, and it is important that all drivers are responsible and patient in order to ensure the safety of our students and staff.
We thank our school community for their safe driving around our school and remind everyone to be cognisant of the following information.
Kiss and Drop Zones
In an effort to prevent any unnecessary accidents we ask that all parents and friends comply with local traffic and parking rules which are clearly signposted in the drop off zones, both the Murrays Hill Rd and Heath Lane entrances.
Rangers from the local council will visit the drop off zones and issue infringement notices / fines where relevant.
Supervision – Teachers on Duty
School leaders and teachers assist in ensuring students leave school safely, by undertaking after school duties at the two main entrances. Please note it is not a school personnel responsibility to direct traffic flow through these zones.
Trained crossing monitors have an important responsibility in managing the school crossing on Murrays Hill Rd. Teachers / leaders on duty support the monitors each morning and afternoon.
Car parking by parents is not permitted on school grounds unless using the disabled parking space or in an emergency.
It is not a Department requirement that schools provide parking for parents and caregivers. There are many options for parking around the outside boundary of the school, some which require a short walk to school.
We still have a small number of parents who occasionally enter the school grounds by the top entrance (adjacent to the water tank) and therefore ask parents to refrain from doing this. Please also note, the staff car park is reserved for staff only and official visitors.
Thank you for your support.
A reminder that student-led conferences begin this week and into the first part of next week. Booking times can be accessed through the online School Interviews booking system – from Monday 27 March through to Wednesday 5 April. Please follow the steps outlined in the student-led conferences post to book a conference time with your child/ren’s teacher/s.
Swimming Week begins this week for students in Years 3 – 5 at the SA Aquatic Centre, Marion – running through to Friday 31st April. Please check the latest Swimming Week Update post for further information.
Sports Day is less than 2 weeks away – on Thursday 6 April. This year’s Sports Day information and program booklet can now be accessed here. A good idea is to download the PDF booklet on your mobile device for easy access on the day.
Thank you to our PE teacher, Karen Pettman, for coordinating this year’s Day, which we hope will be an enjoyable event for our community. Please note the early dismissal time of 2.10pm.
Disco – Thanks
A great turnout for our first student disco for the year. Many thanks to the parents who were able to volunteer and help out on Friday evening. Thank you.
Annual General Meeting
A small group attended last week’s Annual General Meeting on Monday evening where we acknowledged the achievements from the 2022 school year and Reports were shared and tabled in After-Hours School Sports, Friends of Craigburn (Fundraising), Finance, Canteen, OSHC, Principal and Governing Council Chairperson. Elected members of the 2023 Governing Council – Katelyn Adams, Belinda Cece, Liann Delgado, Sally-Ann Prince, Bridget Dansie, Annika Reinke, Kim Altschwager, Bec May, and Tara Bell. Special thanks to those in attendance. The AGM reports can be read here.
Harmony Week Wrap
It was wonderful to see students and classes coming together to celebrate Harmony Day / Week to promote inclusion and celebrate cultural diversity within our community. Special thanks to Mrs Mackay for leading our SRC leaders to prepare the front gate artwork and dance-off.
Please check in with the student leader’s post – Craigburn Primary School celebrates Harmony Week
NAPLAN – Years 3 and 5
Well done to the Year 3 and 5 students who sat the NAPLAN tests last week demonstrating their knowledge and skills in literacy and numeracy.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Sports Day 2022
- Craigburn Primary School celebrates Harmony Week
- Term 1 Sapsasa Update
- Sports Day Canteen Special Lunch Order & Cake Stall
- Easter Raffle
- Sports Day Cake Stall – Donations and Volunteers Required
- Sapsasa Athletics Carnival
- Senior Choir Update
- Swimming Program Update
- Student-Led Conferences – Bookings
- Cross Country Update
- Harmony Day – Tuesday 21 March 2023
Volunteering at Craigburn
We are pleased to welcome back many volunteering opportunities at Craigburn. If you would like to register your interest in volunteering please read the information on the Department’s page on Volunteers and communicate your interest to us via the front office.
For any questions please contact the front office.
Term Planner – Dates to Note
Please save the dates for the following events:
- NAPLAN Practice Test – Tuesday 28 February
- Student Free Day – Friday 10 March
- NAPLAN starts – Years 3 and 5 – Wednesday 15 March
- Annual General Meeting – Monday 20 March
- Harmony Day – Tuesday 21 March
- Year 3-5 Swimming – from Monday 27 March
- Student-led Conferences begin – Monday 27 March
- Year 6 Aquatics – Tuesday 28 March
- School Disco – Friday 24 March
- Student-led Conferences – Monday 27 March – Wednesday 5 April
- Sports Day returns to Term 1 – Thursday 6 April – early dismissal 2.10pm
- Student Free Day – Tuesday 11 April
- End of Term – Friday 14 April – Early Dismissal
- Swimming Week Reception Year 2 – Monday 1 – Friday 5 May
- Mother’s Day Stall – Thursday 11 May
- Mother’s Day Breakfast – Friday 12 May
- Southern Heights Cross Country – Tuesday 16 May
- Walk 2 School Safely Day – Friday 19 May
- National Sorry Day – Friday 26 May
- Reconciliation Week – Monday 29 May
- Monarch’s Official Birthday – Public Holiday – Monday 12 June
- End of Term – Friday 7 July – Early Dismissal
- School Photos – Tuesday 15 August
- Book Week Parade – Friday 25 August
- Father’s Day Stall – Wednesday 30 August
- Father’s Day Breakfast – Thursday 31 August
- Student Free Day – Friday 1 September
- School Closure Day – Monday 4 September
- Premier’s Challenges End – Friday 8 September
- RUOK Day – Thursday 14 September
- End of Term – Friday 29 September – Early Dismissal
- World Teachers Day – Friday 27 October
- Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 7 November
- Remembrance Day – School – Friday 10 November
- Reception Transition 1 – Wednesday 15 November
- Reception Transition 2 – Wednesday 22 November
- Student Free Day – Friday 24 November
- Reception Transition 3 – Wednesday 29 November
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – Tuesday 5 December
- Celebration Night – Monday 11 December
- Year 6 Graduation – Wednesday 13 December