Does your child want to be part of a sport that brings the world together?
REGISTRATIONS ARE NOW OPEN!
All children from any year level of school (R-6) and of any skill level are encouraged to join Craigburn Primary Schools’ soccer community.
Thank you to those families who have already registered their child’s interest via the After School Sports 2023 – Player Nomination Form – Please note general information and registration details below.
- For students in Years 2-6, fixtures and rules of play are governed by the Southern District Junior Soccer Association (SDJSA).
- Games for children in the Under 8’s to Seniors are played on Saturday mornings between 8.00am and 12.00pm.
- Games are played at home (Craigburn Primary School) or away at other school facilities.
- Training is scheduled weekly, one night after school.
- For students in Reception and Year 1, children will play in the non-competitive Aliens team. Aliens sessions are once a week, on our school oval at a time determined by the coach. A coach is required to facilitate this age group. Please contact the soccer coordinator for any further queries regarding the Aliens team program and/or coaching.
- Years 2-6 $60 for the season Aliens: $30
- Due: 5th of May
Season and Carnival Dates
- The 2023 season commences in Term 2 (27th of May to 2nd of September).
- Teams participate in one night carnival during the soccer season – dates to be advised.
- For a team to be entered, coaches and team managers must be appointed, we can’t do this without you!
- Thank you to those parents who have already registered their interest.
- Coaching clinics are available free of charge through SDJSA prior to the season starting on the following dates
- Coaching clinic 1: 8th of May from 6.30pm-8.30pm
- Coaching clinic 2: 15th of May from 6.30pm – 8.30pm
- No previous knowledge of soccer is required.
- Please register your interest via the soccer coordinators (email address below) by FRIDAY 14th of April.
- Volunteer requirements – If you would like to register your interest in volunteering to coach / manage a team, please read the information on the Department’s page on Volunteers and communicate your interest to us via the front office. There are a number of requirements that need to be completed prior to commencing volunteering including RRHAN training, applying for a WWCC, as well as onsite induction and documentation. For any questions please contact the front office.
- For our teams to host home games, we require referees.
- If you are interested or know of someone who would like to be a referee for our Craigburn teams, please let us know.
- The referee course is provided (free of charge through SDJSA) prior to the season starting (8th & 15th May).
- Training days to be confirmed by the coordinator pending the time availability of coaches.
- Training sessions usually run after school, once a week from 3.30pm – 4.30pm.
- Team selection is based on the registration requirements of the SDJSA which stipulate calendar year age groupings, not year levels. Where possible, friendship groupings are considered.
- The soccer coordinator and coaches do their best to place students in teams. It is important that students understand they may not be placed in a team with friends.
- Soccer is a team sport, and we encourage students to support their team and school.
- Soccer shirts will be provided for all competing team players. Every player must provide their own navy-blue shorts, gold soccer socks, shin pads and soccer boots.
- Due to safety reasons, if a child arrives at practice or a match with no shin pads or boots, they will be unable to play.
- Some soccer boots and shin pads are available for purchase at the second-hand uniform shop at school.
- Soccer registration forms 2023 are now available, by clicking soccer registration form 2023 or available from the Front Office.
- Completed registration forms must be forwarded to the school Finance Office by no later than Wednesday 5 May as teams need to be organised in readiness for the first game of the season.
- The registration fee of $65 (Years 2-6) $30 (Reception / Year 1) can be paid either via the Qkr app or at the Finance Office. Please note the registration form must be submitted at the time of payment – either via the Front Office or email (scanned).
- Please ensure the registration form includes your child’s/children’s date of birth and an email address as this information is required to register your child with SDJSA and also our support communication channels.
We are looking forward to another successful year of soccer at Craigburn. Please contact us at the email address below if you have any questions or require further information.
Penny Bryant and Tara Bell