We look forward to families joining us for the 2023 Craigburn Primary School Sports Day on Thursday 6 April. The students are excited about representing their house teams in what should be a fun-filled day.
A small number of printed programs will be available by the scorer’s table at the oval grounds shed.
Sports Day will conclude in time for early dismissal at 2:10pm.
Please check in with the following posts for further information.
- Sports Day 2023
- Sports Day Cake Stall – Donations and Volunteers Required
- Sports Day Canteen Special Lunch Order & Cake Stall
Please note: At this stage the weather forecast for Thursday is for showers. We will monitor the forecast over the next two days to determine if the day will go ahead. We will keep you updated.
Student Free Day – Reminder
A reminder that our second student free day is scheduled for next Tuesday 11 April. OSHC is open for bookings.
On this day, teaching staff will be undertaking professional learning and training in the use of the DIBELs reading assessments. DIBELs is an acronym that stands for Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills – being a set of reading assessments that are designed to help teachers identify which students may be struggling with reading skills. The assessments are given one-on-one and measure skills like letter naming, phonemic awareness, and reading fluency.
Teachers will be using the results to identify students who may need extra help and to track their progress over time.
You may have read / heard that there is a spike in the number of COVID cases in the community. Over the last week a small number of positive cases were reported to us, which we are required to report to the Department and SA Health.
Please note, the current advice from SA Health in relation to staying away from school if testing positive is:
‘Please keep positive COVID-19 cases at home for 5 days until acute symptoms have cleared and take steps to protect others. Siblings of confirmed positive cases are considered a close contact and should follow the advice from SA Health.’
Earlier this term an updated Media Consent Form was sent home as part of the first week take home pack. Thank you to those families who returned their forms to indicate media consent for their child/ren.
As you would be aware, through the Department for Education, teaching, learning and promotional materials are developed and published digitally and in print, including public online environments. At Craigburn, this is done mostly through our website, Craigburn Connections news blog, Facebook Page and Seesaw journals.
To help us manage the process of publishing student learning and images, it is important that we have up to date parental consent for internal, external publication and including promotional use.
If you have not yet been able to provide media consent for your child/ren, please complete and return the attached media consent form as soon as possible.
Road Safety, Traffic and Parking
In last week’s Craigburn Connections Weekly Wrap, we reminded our community about road safety and parking around our school.
We again, remind everyone about the importance of complying with the traffic and parking signage, particularly in the kiss and drop zone and on Murrays Hill Rd, noting that the City of Onkaparinga employ Community Safety Officers who visit schools to enforce parking controls.
If you use the kiss and drop zone to collect your child/ren in the afternoon, please drive through this area if a park is not available, as this helps to prevent traffic congestion on Murrays Hill Rd and ensures that everyone can enter and exit the zone safely.
We understand that the school drop off and pick up can be a busy time, but we want to ensure that it remains a safe environment for everyone.
Thank you for your ongoing support.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Riley Sports Leaders
- Woodforde Sports Leaders
- School Soccer Registrations 2023
- School Netball 2023
- OSHC Update – Student Free Day – Tuesday 11 April
- Second Hand Uniform Shop Update
- Sapsasa Athletics Carnival
Term Planner – Dates to Note
Please save the dates for the following events:
- School Group Tour – Wednesday 5 April
- Sports Day returns to Term 1 – Thursday 6 April – early dismissal 2.10pm
- Student Free Day – Tuesday 11 April
- End of Term – Friday 14 April – Early Dismissal
- Swimming Week Reception Year 2 – Monday 1 – Friday 5 May
- Mother’s Day Stall – Thursday 11 May
- Mother’s Day Breakfast – Friday 12 May
- Southern Heights Cross Country – Tuesday 16 May
- Walk 2 School Safely Day – Friday 19 May
- National Sorry Day – Friday 26 May
- Reconciliation Week – Monday 29 May
- Monarch’s Official Birthday – Public Holiday – Monday 12 June
- End of Term – Friday 7 July – Early Dismissal
- School Photos – Tuesday 15 August
- Book Week Parade – Friday 25 August
- Father’s Day Stall – Wednesday 30 August
- Father’s Day Breakfast – Thursday 31 August
- Student Free Day – Friday 1 September
- School Closure Day – Monday 4 September
- Premier’s Challenges End – Friday 8 September
- RUOK Day – Thursday 14 September
- End of Term – Friday 29 September – Early Dismissal
- World Teachers Day – Friday 27 October
- Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 7 November
- Remembrance Day – School – Friday 10 November
- Reception Transition 1 – Wednesday 15 November
- Reception Transition 2 – Wednesday 22 November
- Student Free Day – Friday 24 November
- Reception Transition 3 – Wednesday 29 November
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – Tuesday 5 December
- Celebration Night – Monday 11 December
- Year 6 Graduation – Wednesday 13 December