Swimming Week begins on Monday 1st May for students in Reception – Year 2 at the SA Aquatic Centre, Marion – through to Friday 5th May – as per the following schedule.
- D21 (Woolford) & D22 (Dow) Bus Leaves 9.00am – lessons start / finish 9.30 to 10.30am – Bus pick up 10.45am – arrive school 11.10am
- E23 (Crystal) & A3 (Wright/Prideaux) Bus Leaves 10am – lessons start / finish 10.30 to 11.30am – Bus pick up 11.45am – arrive school 12.10am
- E25 (Pip) & A1 (Hamden/Bower) Bus Leaves 11.30am – lessons start / finish 12.00 to 1.00pm – Bus pick up 1.15pm – arrive school 1.45pm
- E24 (Sophie/Adriana) & A4 (Sporn) Bus leaves 12:30pm and returns 2.40pm
Items to take:
- A light bag to pack belongings
- School jumper
- Water bottle
- Plastic bag for wet clothes
- All items to be clearly labelled with the student’s name.
- Valuables are not to be taken to swimming, e.g, money, jewellery etc
- We will be operating under the swimming centre guidelines, which include:
- Parents who may wish to watch their children’s swimming lessons are able to visit the swimming centre – Reminder, videos or photos are not to be taken.
- Reception students in classes D21 and D22 will need to wear their bathers under their school uniform each day.
- Year 1 and 2 classes – we suggest students who will be wearing two piece bathers to wear them under their school uniform. Students who will be wearing one piece bathers will be able to change into their bathers prior to leaving school.
- Students will need to wear normal footwear when arriving at school and will be able to change into their swimming footwear before leaving for their swimming lesson. Except for D21and D22 students who can wear thongs to school as they are the first group to leave.
- Using the swimming centre procedure, “Get In, Participate, Get Out”, students will need to:
- Get out of the pool and dry themselves, put on a dressing gown / oodie / windcheater etc.
- We encourage students to bring along an extra towel or extra item of clothing that is easy to slip on/off, that can be worn/used during bus transport.
- Due to the scheduled times including bus pick ups / drop offs – students will need to change back into their normal school clothes upon their return to school.
- Two rooms have been allocated and set up to ensure privacy. These rooms will be closely supervised by teachers and support staff.
We appreciate parents who have kindly offered to volunteer to support supervision of the students on the bus.