Welcome back to Term 2, we hope all students, staff and families enjoyed a restful holiday break. A special welcome to new students and families who are joining us for the first time.
Term 2 promises to be another busy term, starting with Swimming Week for the Reception to Year 2 students at the SA Aquatic Centre, Marion. A reminder to make sure you have the bathers, towel etc. ready to go! Please check in with the latest post for more information – Swimming Week 2023 – Reception – Year 2 Classes
Thank you again for your understanding and support with the postponement of Sports Day just prior to the Easter break. We look forward to seeing as many of you as possible on Friday 12 May. An amended program will be available this week.
We would also like to thank everyone who kindly donated towards the Easter raffle and to those who bought tickets. Congratulations to the lucky winners. A very special thank you to the Thorpe family (D22) for their very generous donation of the Lindt Easter items.
Thank you to families who attended their child’s/children’s student-led conference/s at the end of Term 1. If you were unable to meet with your child’s teacher for a conference, please contact them to arrange a suitable time to meet this term.
Please check in with our school calendar and Craigburn Connections blog posts to keep informed and updated with Term 2 programs and events, including: Winter Sports (Netball, Soccer, Basketball), SAPSASA Events – Cross Country, Mother’s Day Stall to name a few.
Midway through Week 3 of this term, I will be on leave and returning at the start of Week 6. Nicky Taylor will be acting Principal for this period of time.
Looking forward to seeing everyone back at school on Monday.
In the latter weeks of term one, there was an increase of COVID cases within our school community. As we head into the second term, we expect positive cases to continue to be reported. If you need to report a positive COVID case, please provide the following information by phone 82704144 or email:
- Name of your child / year level / class.
- Date symptoms first appeared.
- Date of the positive test and the type of test taken – RAT, PCR or both.
- Last day your child attended school / OSHC.
A friendly reminder to keep your child/ren home if they are:
- experiencing any COVID like symptoms.
Performing Arts teacher, Jimmy Marin, will be on leave for Week 1 – regular TRT, Bryan Roberts will be covering.
Reminder – Student Free Days / School Closure Dates for 2023
A reminder that our Governing Council has endorsed the remaining student free and school closure days for 2023. Please add the dates below to your calendars / diaries.
- Student Free Day 3 – Friday 1 September – Term 3 Week 6
- School Closure Day – Monday 4 September – Term 3 Week 7
- Please note that the fourth and final student free day for the year was originally scheduled for Friday 24 November, however due to a clash of school commitments, this has been brought forward by one week and is now scheduled for Friday 17 November – Term 4 Week 5. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause.
Starting Secondary School in 2024
Registration of interest for government high schools in 2024 starts at the beginning of term 2.
Families with students enrolled at government primary schools will receive a registration of interest form and information by email. Paper forms will be available for families if internet access is not available. Please contact the front office if you do not receive the email. Please ensure we have your most current email address.
- Registration of interest for secondary school in 2024 starts on 1 May 2023 and closes on 26 May 2023.
- For information on the registration of interest and enrolment process, please visit the Department for Education website to download the starting secondary school in 2024 parent information brochure (PDF 6 MB).
School Group Tours – Registration of Interest for 2024
The following dates have been scheduled for school group tours. School group tours enable prospective school families to learn more about the learning programs offered at Craigburn by hearing from the leadership team and taking a tour of the school.
Please contact us by web, phone or email to register your interest in attending one of the dates listed below.
- Thursday 11 May – 9.15am to 10.30am (rescheduled from Friday 12 May due to Sports Day)
- Wednesday 7 June – 9.15am to 10.30am
- Friday 30 June – 9.15am to 10.30am
Registration of Interest forms to register interest in enrolling your child/ren for 2024 can be obtained by contacting the front office by phone or email.
Families residing within the Craigburn Primary School zone and / or who have a child/ren currently enrolled at Craigburn are given priority placement.
- Families must use the ‘Find a School’ link on the department website to determine their zoned school.
- Proof of residential address must be required prior to enrolment being offered.
- Registrations of Interest are only accepted for 2024.
School Sport Update – Sapsasa Cricket
Congratulations to our Sapsasa Cricket team, who were undefeated in their recent knockout round against Coromandel Valley and Hawthorndene Schools. The team was well led and supported on the day by Scott Argent and Nick Harrison and supporting parents. A shout out to all team members who represented the school with exceptional positive sporting behaviour. The team now advances to the next knockout round in early Term 4.
Student Information Details
- It is important that we have up to date student information including current contact details for all families – home addresses, phone numbers, email addresses, emergency contacts, shared care arrangements and any other relevant information for our school records.
- This information is particularly important for our Year 6 cohort where address details are required for secondary school transition.
- If you have changed any of your contact details or are unsure of the details we have on our database, please contact us by phone 82704144 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any change of address details requires proof in writing.
- During the year, if you have any changes to your contact details, please communicate these to us asap. Thank you.
Early Morning Arrival
- Students are allowed to start arriving at school from 8:30am, unless attending OSHC. Students who are on the school grounds before 8.30am will be directed to the front office as teachers are not on duty prior to this time.
- The school siren sounds at 8.50am indicating all students need to be in their classrooms ready to start the day.
Staff Car Park, The Drop Off and Pick Up Zones and Local Traffic
- A friendly reminder that the staff car park is for staff only and for families displaying a ‘disability parking permit’.
- Keeping all children safe is our priority, so please do not use the staff car park to drop or collect children, unless pre-arranged with the front office.
- The Drop Off and Pick Up Zones (Murrays Hill Rd and Heath Lane) display signage informing motorists that parking in the Zones are restricted to 2 minutes from 3.00 to 3.30pm. These traffic controls were put in place by the City of Onkaparinga to better support traffic flow and minimise traffic congestion on Murrays Hill Rd prior to school dismissal.
- Traffic rangers visit schools (mostly without notice) to monitor these zones, and will issue infringement notices when appropriate. Parents and friends who arrive early for pick up are encouraged to find suitable off-street parking and arrange a location to safely meet their child/ren.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Sports Day Cake Stall
- Mother’s Day Stall – Thursday 11 May
- Calm Kid Central
- Swimming Week 2023 – Reception – Year 2 Classes
Yearly Planner – Dates to Note
Please save the dates for the following events:
- Swimming Week Reception Year 2 – Monday 1 – Friday 5 May
- Mother’s Day Stall – Thursday 11 May
- Mother’s Day Breakfast – To be confirmed
- Sports Day – Friday 12 May
- Southern Heights Cross Country – Tuesday 16 May
- Walk 2 School Safely Day – Friday 19 May
- National Sorry Day – Friday 26 May
- Reconciliation Week – Monday 29 May
- Monarch’s Official Birthday – Public Holiday – Monday 12 June
- End of Term – Friday 7 July – Early Dismissal
- School Photos – Tuesday 15 August
- Book Week Parade – Friday 25 August
- Father’s Day Stall – Wednesday 30 August
- Father’s Day Breakfast – Thursday 31 August
- Student Free Day – Friday 1 September
- School Closure Day – Monday 4 September
- Premier’s Challenges End – Friday 8 September
- RUOK Day – Thursday 14 September
- End of Term – Friday 29 September – Early Dismissal
- World Teachers Day – Friday 27 October
- Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 7 November
- Remembrance Day – School – Friday 10 November
- Reception Transition 1 – Wednesday 15 November
- Reception Transition 2 – Wednesday 22 November
- Student Free Day – Friday 17 November
- Reception Transition 3 – Wednesday 29 November
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – Tuesday 5 December
- Celebration Night – Monday 11 December
- Year 6 Graduation – Wednesday 13 December