Thank you for checking in with this week’s wrap as we lead into the second week of term.
We would like to express our gratitude to all the parents who volunteered their time to help out with the Reception to Year 2 swimming program last week. The success of extra-curricular programs such as swimming week are not possible without parent volunteer support. Thank you to those who were able to help out.
Mother’s Day Special Morning
Mother’s Day is an important occasion to celebrate and acknowledge the role of mothers and mother figures in our lives.
To all the amazing Craigburn mums, grandmothers, nannas, aunties and special friends in our school community, we hope you are able join us for a Mother’s Day special morning on Thursday 11 May. This is our way of saying thank you for all that you do and for being such an important part of your child/ren’s school life.
Freshly baked scones and hot coffee will be available. Given the forecast of fine weather – this will be situated on the lower court. Please check in with the recent post for more details.
We look forward to celebrating an early Mother’s Day with you and providing a wonderful start to your day.
Mother’s Day Gift Stall
A reminder that our annual Mothers’ Day Stall will be held at school on Thursday 11th May. Lots of great bargains for students to purchase a special ‘mother’s day’ gift will be available. Children can bring pocket money (maximum $10) and a small bag to carry their gifts. Further details here.
We would greatly appreciate parent volunteers to help with the Gift Stall on Thursday morning. If you can help out, even for just 30 minutes or so, please email Sam / Bron at the front office on firstname.lastname@example.org Thank you.
Sports Day Update
We look forward to seeing as many families as possible on Friday for Sports Day. Please check in with the latest Sports Day update for important information.
- The Sports Day program can be accessed here.
- As per the Department’s Early Dismissal procedure introduced to schools in 2022, there will be an early dismissal at 2.10pm for students who have parent consent. Students who do not have consent for early dismissal will be supervised in the library until 3.10pm. OSHC will operate from 2.10pm for students who require the service.
- Special lunch order:
- If you had already placed an order for the Sausage Sizzle or Sushi for our original Sports Day date, you do not need to order again as we have retained records of these orders.
- New orders can be placed via Qkr! by 3.00pm on Wednesday 10th May.
- No other canteen orders will be available on the day.
- We are also in need of more volunteers to assist with the Sausage Sizzle and manning the cake stall.
- Please let Bron or Sam in the front office know if you are able to assist. Even a small time slot would be very much appreciated.
- If you would like to donate items to the cake stall, please bring them in, in the morning.
- We look forward to seeing you all on Friday
DIBELs Reading Tests
This year, as part of our ongoing learning improvement priorities, we are implementing the DIBELs (Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills) reading tests across our school. The DIBELs tests are a quick and easy way to assess reading fluency, accuracy, and comprehension.
Over the latter part of Term 1 and in the early part of this term, teachers have been administering the reading tests to gain a better understanding of each student’s strengths and weaknesses in reading, and to develop targeted interventions to support their learning.
If you need to report a positive COVID case, please provide the following information by phone 82704144 or email:
- Name of your child / year level / class.
- Date symptoms first appeared.
- Date of the positive test and the type of test taken – RAT, PCR or both.
- Last day your child attended school / OSHC.
A reminder to keep your child/ren home if they are:
- experiencing any COVID like symptoms.
Student Free Days / School Closure Dates for 2023
A reminder that our Governing Council has endorsed the remaining student free and school closure days for 2023. Please add the dates below to your calendars / diaries.
- Student Free Day 3 – Friday 1 September – Term 3 Week 6
- School Closure Day – Monday 4 September – Term 3 Week 7
- Friday 17 November – Term 4 Week 5
Starting Secondary School in 2024
Registration of interest for government high schools in 2024 starts at the beginning of term 2.
Families of students in Year 6 should have received a registration of interest form and information by email. Please contact the front office if you do not receive the email. Please note:
- Registration of interest for secondary school in 2024 starts on 1 May 2023 and closes on 26 May 2023.
- For information on the registration of interest and enrolment process, please visit the Department for Education website to download the starting secondary school in 2024 parent information brochure (PDF 6 MB).
School Group Tours – Registration of Interest for 2024
The following dates have been scheduled for school group tours. School group tours enable prospective school families to learn more about the learning programs offered at Craigburn by hearing from the leadership team and taking a tour of the school.
Please contact us by web, phone or email to register your interest in attending one of the dates listed below.
- Thursday 11 May – 9.15am to 10.30am (rescheduled from Friday 12 May due to Sports Day)
- Wednesday 7 June – 9.15am to 10.30am
- Friday 30 June – 9.15am to 10.30am
Registration of Interest forms to register interest in enrolling your child/ren for 2024 can be obtained by contacting the front office by phone or email.
Families residing within the Craigburn Primary School zone and / or who have a child/ren currently enrolled at Craigburn are given priority placement.
- Families must use the ‘Find a School’ link on the department website to determine their zoned school.
- Proof of residential address must be required prior to enrolment being offered.
- Registrations of Interest are only accepted for 2024.
- to find suitable off-street parking and arrange a location to safely meet their child/ren.
Recent Posts You May Have Missed
- Wellbeing and Engagement Collection Survey
- Finance News
- School Soccer Update
- Mother’s Day Special Morning
- Mother’s Day Stall – Thursday 11 May
- Sports Day – Friday 12 May
- Sports Day Cake Stall
- Term 2 Sapsasa Update
- Flagstaff Hill Junior Golf
Yearly Planner – Dates to Note
Please save the dates for the following events:
- Sapsasa Netball – Monday 8 May
- Mother’s Day Stall – Thursday 11 May
- Mother’s Day Special Morning – Thursday 11 May – 8.00 – 9.00am
- School Tour – Thursday 11 May – 9.15am
- Sports Day – Friday 12 May
- Southern Heights Cross Country – Tuesday 16 May
- Walk 2 School Safely Day – Friday 19 May
- National Sorry Day – Friday 26 May
- Reconciliation Week – Monday 29 May
- Monarch’s Official Birthday – Public Holiday – Monday 12 June
- End of Term – Friday 7 July – Early Dismissal
- School Photos – Tuesday 15 August
- Book Week Parade – Friday 25 August
- Father’s Day Stall – Wednesday 30 August
- Father’s Day Breakfast – Thursday 31 August
- Student Free Day – Friday 1 September
- School Closure Day – Monday 4 September
- Premier’s Challenges End – Friday 8 September
- RUOK Day – Thursday 14 September
- End of Term – Friday 29 September – Early Dismissal
- World Teachers Day – Friday 27 October
- Melbourne Cup Day – Tuesday 7 November
- Remembrance Day – School – Friday 10 November
- Reception Transition 1 – Wednesday 15 November
- Reception Transition 2 – Wednesday 22 November
- Student Free Day – Friday 24 November
- Reception Transition 3 – Wednesday 29 November
- Craigburn’s Got Talent – Tuesday 5 December
- Celebration Night – Monday 11 December
- Year 6 Graduation – Wednesday 13 December